Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The EVHII Holy Grail

I am more than happy to share what I know
    (or think I know [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )
    By sharing I learn from others and their knowledge.. many stories have been told and many more will be - Can't wait to hear them [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I really enjoy the San Dimas Charvel Guitars and there History. We might never know the whole truth but let's see how close we can get [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Aficionado:
      Grail #4
      I have posted this freinds guitar here a long time ago but here it again sure to stir it up.

Changed PU, Extra switch and knob and Transitional floyd. And a long story.

Matt

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am fairly certain that is not a transitional Floyd on HG #4 but an All Parts Floyd from 83 or 84.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thankyou Shawn!!! That is what I have been saying all along, there is no way that thing is a Floyd, prototype, transitional or otherwise. It is just way too far off from any type of true FR product.

Comment

After reading all 5 pages again,all I can say is my head hurts. But thanks to everyone for all the great info on the OFR.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

KMaynard SHHHHH [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

We've established that gold "Floyd-ish" bridge is from mid 1982.

Greg,

I checked the serial number of my Pacer that has the Floyd like yours....It's 25 serial numbers apart from yours.....COOL!

-eric

[ December 25, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Eric, how many Floyds like that do you think are in existence? The funky is Floyd is the main reason I have kept that guitar. Have you seen more?

Comment

I have one in chrome. I bought it new from Wonderland Music in Detroit in 84 or 85 or so...its an All parts which how I know. It was sold with a Kahler type lock nut. I even referred to it as a Floyd prototype for years until I just recently I was going through some old stuff and found the receipt from Wonderland. I have it on an old strat..I swapped the saddles around with an OFR on cheap guitar that I traded in for a Marshall in the mid eighties. If I remember correctly the screws sizes were different, standard vs metric. I wanted to swap the whole thing but the stud spacings were narrower so I just swapped saddles. I think the trem and nut were like 80 bucks back then.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Greg, I've seen three (including yours) Get my drift....... Can you say Ray-er? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-eric

Comment

Eric, I have read this with interest. So, let me get his straight: The version of the Floyd pictured above is rare? I have a coupe of these (I think they are the same), one on an early ('83)Kramer, and another on an early SD Rhoads.

Also, I have one of the early non-locking Floyds with the non-removable bar. It says nothing on the baseplate, but on the trem block it has a sticker with red print that says:

ROSE tm
                      Tremolo
                      Pat. # (can't read)
                      USA

It does not say "Floyd Rose", just "Rose". It has silver saddles and silver locking blocks, and it is chromed. Interesting!

Comment

HG Questions
                        1. What was the black strat EVH had in around 1975? Black with white pickguard, zebra hum slanted in the bridge plus 2 white single pups.
                        Rosewood neck with 12th fret San Dimas style white dots.

2. How many black and yellow stripe Charvel VHII HGs did VH ever own and what happened to them?

3. Did he have some on order where the order was cancled and sent on to the general public?

Comment

Hoss,

I'll see what I can do for you guys.

Pat

Comment

Here is a picture of that old Floyd Rose; is this the same or different from some of the others shown?

Comment

Hey Lucy!! - You have some learnin too doo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              I can post the picture for you on Monday if you send it to me.

Comment

Thanks for the olive branch Hoss, much appreciated! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X