The EVHII Holy Grail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The EVHII Holy Grail

Thankyou, Abalone. That thing is NOT a Floyd! There are simply too many irregularities and differences from real Floyds, fine tuners or no. Hoss, if you could, please post my pics of what a REAL early Floyd with finetuners looks like, for comparison.

Comment

there is no way that's a floyd, Floyd rose would have killed himself before releasing an unfinished piece like that. I have never seen a prototype floyd rose tuner. They went from no tuners to tuners. Prototype is an overused word.

Comment

I agree with Eric about the Japaneese Knock Offs.
        But when this guitar was avalible many questions were asked and I believe a discussion with Floyd Rose was it was a early prototype floyd [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
        Eric if you could post a picture that would be great.
        Metalcop has sent me some photos but I cannot post them until Monday Morning [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That probably is just a crappy " Ultra Crappy" Plating job on the bridge. There is now way pot metal can withstand the rigors of the Kamakazi, It would have died!

I have a pic somewhere I'll find it in about a week and a half! I'm Swampped!

Prototype

Matt

Could the trem block be the Missing link? Reconfirming geniune prototype heritage?
          The saga continues,

New Soap opera about whammy bridges,

"As the Bar twirls"

Thanks Hoss!

Comment

"As the Bar Twirls".....I like that. I think that phrase has staying power!

See the mold SEAM on the side of that saddle. (The one with the fine tuners.)

Most of the pre-Schaller Floyds had die-cast saddles. Not bridgplate assemblies. I can see, smell, taste, feel the difference.....

I have one bridge that I consider the prototype or first version of the fine-tuner Floyd. It is not die cast, looks completely different (saddles too) and is Schaller in origin. BUT! It has the pre-Schaller "Thick" Trem block and non-removable bar.

This is NOT the photo I wanted to post. But it may help some. These are the LAST two versions of the Pre-pro non-fine tuner Floyds.

There were no less that FOUR different trem blocks (Probably more) three different saddles (probably more) 6 trem bars (probably more) Many variations on trem plates.......Get the idea.......

-eric

[ December 22, 2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Maybe I can help

Exhibit A:

If folks' contention that the above trem on the b/y guitar of Harris' is not a Floyd then neither was this guy's

Exhibit B:

Here is a pic of the last version of the non-tuning Floyd (courtesy of ebay)

Exhibit C: a japanese produced, branded, yet legit "Floyd Rose" trem (compare to the two in abalone's post...japanese)

There is so much bad info on this thread it may as well be Saddam's weapons of mass destruction inventory!

--------------------

"You want to get out of here? Talk to me" -Max

[ December 21, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: rockatansky ]

Comment

Your Eddie photo isn't detailed enough to tell what the hell that is.

Abalone's in the photo are Japanese. (???) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-eric

[ December 22, 2002, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

All I know is I had an OFR no fine tuners on one of my live guitars and it was the best non locking arms I ever had, I kick my self in the ass for selling the guitar that had it on it. One of these days I will get one again.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Yeah, I really like the combination of non-tuner Floyd and locking tuning machines!!!!

-eric

Comment

I Agree with Eric Again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Japanesse Floyds do not say Floyd Rose on them.

Comment

Ok, I'll spell it out for everyone. It really is not that complicated.

The bridge on EVH's guitar is identical to the one on Harris' guitar. This is a very very early fine tuning locking bridge. I never said it was or was not a Floyd. However the two are the same and the belief has always been that EVH worked with Rockinger first and then Floyd Rose on locking systems. You decide which it is.

Regarding Floyd Rose trems...there was a batch made in Japan and I have one on my guitar and you have shown us a picture of two more. (Great pic, by the way, can I use that? It is good documentation for mine) The final manufacturer to mass produce Floyds was Schaller as we all know. The only Floyd bridges made in the states were the ones hammered out in Floyd Rose's garage that I know about. If anyone has info on a stateside manufacturer I'd love to learn about it.

If you still don't believe me:

You guys need to learn some facts and history before dismissing others so quickly.

[Ed. - dang this pic posting thing is hard]

[ December 21, 2002, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: rockatansky ]

Comment

Does anyone have a non fine tuner ofr for sale in silver?
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

rockatansky,

Thanks for the Pic,

"Whoop,thereitis" on Frankenstein.

There are a few more clearer PICS out there, but it is THAT tremelo.

Nice Big block under the hood.

Matt

Comment

wow, you sure know your floyd roses......i feel like a better man now that i read your post....

what was this topic about anyway??

Comment

I have pictures I will post on Monday.
                                Red Label and a Blue Label Floyd rose non-locking trem MADE in USA

[ December 21, 2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

Working...
                                X