Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The EVHII Holy Grail

not to mention they would all have finish flaws from rerouting

in production, you dont take extra steps to do one thing....especially when you are back ordered

Comment

One thing is for sure the necks fit good and neat on all the charvels I have seen so they took extra care in this area. None of us were there so none of us can truthfully say how or why it is all mere speculation. The only people who know are former employees and owners just the same people who know the truth between EVH and Grover Jackson issues and the Holy Grail EVH guitars.
      Even if they came on the board and state there case there would be skeptics and various opinions. Even American History books are speculative and wrong and manipulated. So are the stories behind nearly everything we read. Even if we had 3 eye witnesses there would be 3 totally different veiws on what went done at the factory in those glorious days gone by.

[ December 19, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

It wouldn't be hard to control a hand router if you had a jig.

I can tell it was done with a hand router because the neck pockets have multi-level router bit marks on the neckplate side of the neck pocket. The other routs on the guitars don't. This is typical of a hand router. (....and this has nothing to do with the size of the bit)

Kramer routed ALMOST EVERY trem cavity after they were painted!!!!!!!! Theirs appears to have been done with overhead routers.

-eric

Comment

Grail #4
          I have posted this freinds guitar here a long time ago but here it again sure to stir it up.

Changed PU, Extra switch and knob and Transitional floyd. And a long story.

Matt

[ December 21, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Tone Aficionado ]

Comment

you get the levels from pin routers.....you dont get that from cnc routers which use micro bits.....none of my kramers had their pockets re-routed....ill try to fix you

Comment

Originally posted by abalonevintage:

That Floyd is not a Floyd. It's a die cast knock-off. Probably Gotoh. I saw that guitar when Harris had it in Dallas.

-eric
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is A real Floyd that is one of the Prototypes.
              for the fine tunners

Before Shaller stated makeing them

Comment

Yes it is a real Floyd.

Get a pic of Eddie's Frankenstein there she is. This is The Fine tuning prototype.

As Harris told me and I have kind of forgotten.

Some body had it and then sold it to a trucker. He kept it for a long, long, long time. Then somebody else got it and that's who Harris Got it from.
                If I remember correctly that's the story in a nut shell.

Matt

Comment

dont tell ME who im misquoting

i was gonna call ya and straighten you out, but i got distracted.............again

Comment

do u guys really think we will ever know. I know ive contacted Michael about Wayne guitars & having bodies made at a specific size he told me NO they cant & wont make them. i later found out John(peedenmark) & chuck (racer)both had guitars with that size neck pocket. now these are guitars that have only been in existence for 2yrs or so. NOW everyone is speculating about guitars that are 20yrs+. Do u think they will actually remember & if they dont will they just make something up to shut U up. that GRAIL is very cool. but i know ive had charvels with overspray in the pocket ( i think we all have), ive had charvels with no paint at all in the pocket( i think we all have). these thing were hand made could different builders made them different ways. maybe a little hung over or just not a good day. who knows im not a SD charvel junky like some of U but i am that way with old Richs & can tell U they varied alot builder to builder. we all know there is no real set rules when it comes to early charvels so maybe we are all trying to find answers that dont exist.

Comment

Matt, no YOU get a picture of Eddie's guitar!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have never seen one on his guitars that was die cast.

I can't imagine Floyd Rose in his garage pouring molten pot metal!!!!!!

Snipe hunting, anyone? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-eric

[ December 19, 2002, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Thanks for posting those again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Tone Aficionado.
                        Great Shots and story

Comment

Doug, you misquoted me. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I said the Kramer trem cavities were re-routed, not the neck pockets.

If Charvel used PIN routers on the pickup, trem, and neck pocket cavities. Then why does only the neck pocket have the "leveling" issues????????

That Floyd is not a Floyd. It's a die cast knock-off. Probably Gotoh. I saw that guitar when Harris had it in Dallas.

Never saw a B&Y neck pocket that didn't have black interior marker trim. (?)

Hey Matt, you gotta tell us the story now...

-eric

[ December 19, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

I agree, that is NOT a Floyd. I have one of the very earliest Floyds with fine tuners. It is 100% handmade, and you can tell. The block on the trem pictured is definitely pot-metal. There are also several other features that do not match up. Like the rear allen screws for example. When Floyds started being made with fine tuners, they used as many as the same pieces as possible. Most of those pieces still look the same today. That trem doesn't appear to contain any original parts. I have some great pics of my Floyd, I will email them to Hossman to post.

Comment

Definitely a Floyd I even saw one on ebay about a year or 2 ago. Definitely one on the prototypes.
                              Here is a photo that shows that these block are the same cut at an angle

[ December 20, 2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Wrong.......That's not the same bridge. (OK, maybe.)

Did you know the Japanese did a knock-off of the pre-production Floyd? I was REAL close. The biggest difference (I can tell) was the screw threads were different.

They also kocked-off the Kahler too! I had one. It looked identical but did not say kahler on it. They even copied the INSTRUCTIONS Kahler had printed!!!!!!! That takes balls. They were half the price...so even "I", on my 19 year-old lunch money budget could afford one.

I'll post a Floyd photo in a day or so.

[ December 22, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Working...
                                X