Eddie interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eddie interview

Its ironic that alcohol is killing Eddie but making Sammy rich.

Comment

One more from the rumor mill, take it for what its worth, Eddie is constantly rumored to be doing this and that, most of the time its just rumor without merit, but hell a good rumor is worth passing along, got this from the Peavey amp forum, Eddie is currently talking to Saldano about designing his amps and Charvel/Fender is not who the wolf prototype is intended for.
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I had the chance to talk with Ed directly and just to let you know he's no social butterfly. To be honest you have a hard time knowing if he's drunk or not. You've got to remember all those years sitting alone with that guitar doesn't make one socially adjusted. As for his drinking that’s who Ed is, he was doing it heavy when he was everyone’s guitar hero and will continue doing right to his grave. At this point what could a guy write at his age and with his wealth that would relate to anyone? This is what leads all great bands to their demise, I think we've gotten the best VH (referring to the DLR years) could offer and I for one am satisfied with it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Its ironic that alcohol is killing Eddie but making Sammy rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

unfortunately the high you get from alcohol is not the same in advanced stages as it is in the beginning. There is no rush or euphoria, just the body aching to maintain.Especially if you go cold turkey and start up again.

Comment

Eddie lists few players as heroes, but when asked he has generally said Clapton is someone he looked up to. Someone needs to let him know that after Clapton's kid took the dive off the balcony that he quit the sauce. This is just a waste regardless of what future material the guy has left in him.

Comment

I'm a huge Eddie fan...it was him and a handful of other main stream rock guitarists that influenced and inspired me to play. Even to this day, I dig the classic VH era, great playing. With that said, he indeed is on his way out. Maybe not musically, he may in fact have alittle music left in him. Wait and see I guess. But his drinking, which already has destroyed a large chunk of his life, will take him the rest of the way out. As someone said in an earlier post, "town drunk". Its the truth.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

OMFG it my breaks my heart to hear him talkin' like a friggin' bum.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The difference between young DLR era drunk Eddie and todays older more pickled Eddie is huge. Back when he was young, not only could he handle the booze, but it hadn't pickled him yet. Now that he is in the later stages of alcoholism the disease has really taken its toll. Jeez... what the hell does he need to escape from. He's a rock god, he's a zillionaire, he was banging one of the hottest chicks on the planet... what else can you ask for as a guitarist.
                    Alcoholism sucks. I now really feel bad for him.

Comment

John G.."I am a huge Courtney Love fan. The more messed up she is.. the more I like her and the hotter she is."

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...that's nasty..I think Id' rather bang Ed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        John G.."I am a huge Courtney Love fan. The more messed up she is.. the more I like her and the hotter she is."

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...that's nasty..I think Id' rather bang Ed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                        (as long as it wasnt after BillZBub!!!)
                        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

My opinion of this is, and excuse my french, who the fuck cares if he's an alcoholic or drunk or a gay fuckin' monkey beater? Boys, it's Eddie Van Halen. I know most of the Jackson guys around here beat off to pictures of the very tiny and effeminate Randy Rhoads, who climbed up a big ladder to board a plane piloted by a coked up aviator - it is a Jackson forum - and I can resect those tendancies, but what the hell with the EVH trashing at every opportunity?

I don't see people taking pot shots at Chuckracer for his kidney disease or at me for my cancer yet, Ed is trashed for his illness everytime his name comes up. Oh, and please spare me the "he has control over whether he drinks or not" BS - he does not. If he really is on a forty year bender, he has no control...he belongs to the disease, not vice versa.

Put a guitar in his hand and he will smoke everyone here and everyone you know - he is the King. This is a guitar board not a fuckin support group. If he wishes to drink his life away I say, giver! I could care less if Wolfie has a dad to raise him - I have my own problems to worry about. His music is what matters to me not his personal life. So why you guys take pot shots at someone like Eddie Van Halen, I'm gonna to take some whiskey to the party tonight and look for somebody to sqeeze. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

...and yes, I am on the rag today. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Fuckin' A Jimmy!!!!

So the guy has a substance abuse problem. So does about 75% of the rock community.

The man is a legend, he is a hero...he is a GOD. He is EDDIE.

Like I said on another board, without Ed you guys would probably not have your Charvel and Jackson hotrods to twang on. He put Charvel on the map. He gave us some of the greatest rock music of all time....music that is great to get drunk to and play drunk. He has more music in him, just wait and see.

I was enjoying playing Van Halen last night after about 5 double Vodkas rocks. Perfect mix.

Eddie is the master. Give him a break.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

You guys don't hold your "Gods" to higher standards? Pretty sad, don't you think? To me, gods and heroes overcome their adversaries and adversity without a chink in their armor. That's why we look up to them. I think alcoholism has weathered Eddie to the point of near obscurity.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X