Clear All

• Re: The new Charvels both rock AND suck

Here is a pic from another NAMM star.

How would the ground wire thing happen?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I was also told the wires sticking out of the post was from the pickup ground. WTF! Any one ever heard of this before? I never have heard or seen such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...I'd like to see more pics of the wiring on that guitar...is there a ground wire headed from the cavity to the stud?

There's nothing wrong with the star's ground wire that I can see. The additioal hole is a route-through...happens often when routing deep trem cavities on humbucker equipped guitars. Not generally on high-end guitars, mind. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Regarding a field trip: I'll get with Kevin and the other Admins. Maybe we can set something up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that would be sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Jackson: DK1
        Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

I would assume that someone is getting mixed up with tunamatic / stop tail piece instruments: In that case, the ground wire is often fed from the control cavity to the bridge studs to earth the strings - On a floyd / vintage trem, it's just much easier to solder it to the trem claw as on Tracy's guitar pictured above.....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• Re: The new Charvels rock....

I play a single hum black new charvel at ed Roman's in Vegas and it was very nice. It fealt very simular to a orignal I played at a guitar show also simular to my Japan Charvel.

Comment

the headstock looks like it is extended away for the neck sort of Jacksoness. The Jacksoness Monster!! from San dimas
              California.

Comment

I would like to have one for sure!!! But $1300 or $1700?

Comment

Thanks for all the support and compliments. I'm just glad I can be here and help when needed.

As far as the field trip....I want to make that happen this year, so I need to do some talking with the Admins. I'll keep you posted!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    As far as the field trip....I want to make that happen this year, so I need to do some talking with the Admins. I'll keep you posted!

[/ QUOTE ]

YEEESSSS!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Jackson: DK1
                    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

• Re: The new Charvels RULE

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] damm the new one's smoke [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]i love all this ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]they are the future way cool all out [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ! see ya , alz

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YEEESSSS!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've played 3 new pointies myself... I will agree they dont have that broken in felling that a 25 yr old guitar does...
                          but I was pleasantly surprised and would have no problem spending on a few suiting my needs....
                          come to think of it... I am thinking c/s tele !!!!

but dogs do exist even in the dimas era...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]all the new ones rule ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] real strathead charvels are back save yer cash and get a new one ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]everyone will have dif piont of view and real reasons to belive it ! $ sales ,flips ,etc , etc , etc , but at the end of the day all is know is the old ones cost a ton and loads of charvels have swapped necks and serial numbers and you can get screwed real bad $$$ the new ones are a safe and killer new life for charvel lovers so rock on and dont pay these insane bullcrap e bay prices ! ! iv'e had a ton of old ones and the new ones kick ass !break it in fer yourself and enjoy life [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] enjoy the new stuff its sweet indeed and , maybe try to get one old one i got #1063 and a parts prepro but thats it ! after all look who's in da shop ! o ya its the same guys from san dimas ! duh ??? see ya , rock on , [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] alz

Comment

Working...
                            X