The new Charvels suck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Charvels suck....

Today another JCF member and I finally got to pick up and play a few of the new Charvels and I have to say the build quality and overall performance of these guiars was just plain awuful. Also the fretwork was terrible!!!!! I hate to be negative but for the money a Suhr would make more sense. I am not trying to bash Jackson/Charvel but damn sometimes an experiance really opens your eyes!

Re: The new Charvels suck....

This is a first. The few I have seen in person, and from what others members have said about the new Charvels is completely the opposite. They have all been top shelf guitars. Not to say a "bad" one couldn't leave the factory.
    What were they if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

One was a black pointy Charvel with one humbucker and a Floyd. First off the price tag was enough to laugh at. I mean for $1900 I would expect to see some quality and not bad fret works and just an overal guitar that does not compare to the originals in my opinion. I don't know what esle to say. I hope everyone who reads this reads it with an open mind. To me the reissues or whatever you want to call them just fall short! Escpecially for the other things out there that you can spend $1900 on.....

Comment

I played an EVH1 B/W and a new pointy the other day at a local guitar center, and without a doubt they blew away the higher priced PRSs that were along side them. I'm talking sound, build quality, detail, and feel. Fret work was perfect - nicely finished with no buzz at all with very low action. Clearly they are top notch guitars. But, to each their own.

Comment

I haven't had the chance to play one yet, but I've spoken with two or three respected guitarists/collectors and they all start foaming at the mouth as they describe how great the new Charvels are. Makes me a little skiddish to fork over major coinage until I play a few.
          "POOP"

Comment

Re: The new Charvels rock....

Every new Charvel I have picked up (ESPECIALLY the pointies) have been every bit as good as the originals. And $1900 is not right, clearly a GC price.

Sounds like someone who's worried about the devaluing of the old Charvel pointies to me. Because I know I would never pay for an old one ever again with the new ones being as good as they are.

Comment

I've played four new pointies and two EVH's, an anniversary and a GX Bullseye reissue, and was very impressed with all of them.
              I've owned a Suhr, and while it was a nice guitar, I got it used a very cheap (major bro deal). I wouldn't pay more for a Suhr than I would a Charvel.
              $1900? Keep shopping!

Comment

Sounds like sticker shock influenced your opinion of the "lack of quality". $1,900 for a plain janer is uncomfortably close to full list price. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

YOU suck

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Actually, Mr. Krueger most definitely does NOT suck in any way. He has great taste in gear and I listen to his opinions. He knows his stuff.
                        If he thinks the new Charvels ain't all that, he is certainly entitled to that opinion, and there has to be a reason for it.

Comment

Well, I hope he is wrong because I have one on the way I bought with out playing it, just pix.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            YOU suck

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to get nasty, Tims been a member here for quite some time ..he's entitled to his opinion
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I own a GX bulls eye reissue and it f'n rocks. Beautiful guitar in every way.
                              I've also had the luck to play a couple of the new pointies
                              and the EVH stratheads.
                              The new Pointies I played were great, the EVH,
                              although nice guitars just didn't do it for me.(neck shape is wrong for my taste and I like Jumbo frets)
                              Tim may have come across a couple of dogs (bound to happen sooner or later) and that pricing is way high. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X