• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is EVH changing the neck specs?

i thought the cracking came from over tightening the lock nuts

Comment

This is why I don't post my opinion here much anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah Chuck. Post your opinion all you can, man. You're an excellent source of info for those of us who can't remember the Bay of Pigs invasion. lol. That's a shot at your age, nothing more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You liking that Malmsteen pedal? I'm curious to hear what you think.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

if anyone has the first Pantera home video, you can witness Darrell's headstock broken off of the Dean from Hell...due to the nut having the bolts thru the neck, he is able to continue "driving his race car and goes on to win!"

Comment

Chuuck; I too value your opinion. I'm merely trying to find out if there is a true advantage to the through the neck locking nut or not. As I stated before, I'm not a guitar tech so if there is something I'm unaware of regarding this I'm trying to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            MHGOlDTOP; I was never a big Darrell/Pantera/Damageplan fan so I have not seen that video. I'd think he would have prefered that his guitar stay in one piece though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm not aware of many people who prefer their headstocks broken.

Rudy

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Definitely, Chuck. Just becuase we may not agree, doesn't mean your opinion isn't valued!

Comment

I know we can have differences of opinion, my whole point was how excited people get, myself included I suppose, over things like this.
                At last count there were three posts stating a perference for the thru neck design and 12 posts telling us we're wrong.
                My original post said: "Yup, and I think thru-the-neck Floyd mounting bolts are THE way to go. This "two tiny wood screw" thing is for the birds."

Key phrase, "I think".

My preference. What I like. That's all.

Comment

Have both and I guess I like the top mounted stuff, but I do not dive bomb (and have not since the 80s [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Chucksplatter emailed me a link to a Rhoads on eBay that had one of the Kahler HM Strat locknuts on it. In theory it may retrofit the old Kahler nut and it has a built in string retainer as well as Floyd style locks. I would love top find out if they retrofit and how effective they are. I know when used with on the HM Strats, they locked fine. I am sure behind the nut would be no different. The original Kahler nut is flawed in How it clamps the string and in the materials it is made out of. They develop grooves quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X