No announcement yet.

My Old Broken Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never did find the original neck but found this pic yesterday in my archive — from summer of 2001

You can see the damage I did to the original neck at the high frets. Damn shame!

Comment

I’m planning a Holdsworth-inspired tribute build to replace my white 1985 Charvel that got stolen. It was a mutt, a Jackson Strathead neck with ebony board and Sperzel locking tuners on a rear-routed 85 Charvel Kahler body that I ran with an HSH pickguard. I had placed a block of wood in the Kahler route, mounted a Strat hardtail plate and (as I recall) foolishly drilled the body for string-through! Ah, to be young and irresponsible again.

In any case, this thread has given me some renewed inspiration to replace this guitar and a Holdsworth-inspired build would come close to (but much better than) what I originally had! The above neck specs sound very close to my old Jackson ebony strathead neck. I may go with a Gotoh Floyd or Gotoh 510 plus Tusq nut and locking tuners to complete my modern take on the Holdsworth model
      Last edited by Shrigg; 01-30-2024, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X