X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freedom's door
    replied
    That turned out incredible!
    As for learning Holdsworth tunes- be careful, some of those chords are unbelievably hard to finger.

Leave a comment:

• DJGranite
    replied
    Great job.
    Looks like it was well worth all the effort you put into the restoration.

Leave a comment:

• Hamburger
    replied
    Nicely done!

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    Now that's very well done!!!
    Last edited by Razor; 10-04-2020, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Number Of The Priest
    replied
    Bravo! That looks killer!

Leave a comment:

• CaptNasty
    replied
    That turned out great! Congratulations! How does it play? Does it have a different feel from other strat type guitars you have played?

BTW, the skunk stripe was the right call. It is just such an important part of the aesthetic of that particular instrument IMO. It is kind of like the pinstripes on some old vintage cars.

It is kind wild to think that this all started almost a year ago.

Glad to have been able to help you figure out what you had. I do not know how or why, but when I saw it I just kind of "knew" what it is was. it was like a cosmic event, everything lined up to get that guitar back to its former glory.

Enjoy it and thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    Thanks guys! Now I just need to learn to play some Holdsworth tunes

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Amazing restoration. Congrats on the beautiful guitar, and thank you on behalf of Jackson/Charvel fans everywhere!!

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Absofreakinlutely gorgeous

!! Congratulations !!

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    So a happy ending to this thread! Got everything put back together. A bit of setup still to do with the nut, but otherwise I’m really pretty much done other than getting the wiring 100% which I’ll document here as well. Got a hold of another Holdsworth enthusiasts who has 4(!) of them and he was able to help with the wiring schematics. The only thing I can’t 100% verify is the spec of the capacitor that is always in line. The switched capacitor is a 203 but unsure about the other.
    Anyway, some pics of the finished product:

?
    ? ?

Leave a comment:

• livebiz
    replied
    Looks fantastic, that guitar deserved nothing less than a great restoration.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Fandamntastic!!

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    I ended up doing a satin lacquer on the neck - really light but protects

found some waterslide decals for the neck and then got the neck and body back together!!!

nut now attached, need to wire up the electronics next and get it set up!!!

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Man Oh Man!!

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    Making a bit of progress...

I had to do a bit of profiling to make the neck pocket and heel exactly right and then I started on the nitrocellulose lacquer. Decided to keep it as close to the way it was originally.

Firstly, here’s the body now returned to me and somewhat reassembled:

And the neck getting the finish:

I am going to put it back to original spec - just the single humbucker but I bought a couple new pickguards anyway. The top left is the original (which is really scratched up), with the second humbucker hole cut out. Also, a toggle switch hole added. The other two are new - one for single, one for double humbuckers.

Lastly, here is the electronics that will be going back in - need to get the original wiring figured out for the toggle switch on the single humbucker

?

I can’t wait to get this thing back together!!!
    Last edited by castle; 09-12-2020, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X