DeMartini French coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
    Someone else mentioned that the Red would look better Ferrari red, not that muddy color. I agree.
    That could have been my comment on Dan's FB post about the Ferrari red. Back in 2010 on the Infestation tour, I was able to talk to Warren for a couple minutes at a meet 'n greet after a show. I asked him a couple questions about his guitars including the status of a French model and if he was going to have any new base colors. I told him a Ferrari red would look great and he agreed. He also told me he had already talked to Dan Lawrence about a red version and that he had an old Charvel dinky body at home that he was planning on sending to Dan for the graphic work.

A couple years ago, Dan posted this pic of he and Warren who was holding a red dinky body. I'm guessing this is the body that was used for the red French in that group pic. I may be wrong but I see that both red bodies only have the 1 hole for the volume knob and neither has the cutout near the neck pocket for the wheel truss rod adjustment, whereas both the black and white French models have both of those specs leading me to believe those are newer bodies. So we'll see if Warren ends up with the red one on tour and if the other 2 become display models for a possible production release.

Comment

Johhny with the good eye, and even better memory!

Comment

Love the white one.....TOTALLY '80s!
        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
        '90 Charvel 475 XL
        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

pretty cool , someday ide hope they sell them to us , there sweet ! saw ratt morc cruise oct l.a. , there still great , rock on jcf hope 2017 is going great , see ya , ALZ / 2017

Comment

Im betting we'll hear something soon. Summer NAMM is coming up

Comment

New DeMartini French models, both the white and black versions, listed on the Charvel site. As expected, pretty steep MSRP. And they are showing chrome hardware on the black French model, why?

http://charvel.com/guitars/artist/wa...nchie-graphic/

Comment

Maybe WDM spec'd it that way. I dig the chrome on black look. Then again, I've always leaned towards chrome. And looks like they moved the toggle placement away from the graphic lettering.

No red one, though. Maybe that was just for Warren himself?

Comment

That toggle position is just stupid IMO. I've put in a question to see if they'd do one with a push push for pickup switching, because that toggle position is just so awkward..
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yeah, id much prefer it almost at the top of the "J" or between the top of the P & J

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    That toggle position is just stupid IMO. I've put in a question to see if they'd do one with a push push for pickup switching, because that toggle position is just so awkward..

Comment

Are the French and Snake the only US models with SS frets?

Comment

Got my black one last week. Killer axe!

Comment

Sweet it, just needs a d-tuna now.

Comment

So it is coming with Chrome hardware now? Or did you change it?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              Sweet it, just needs a d-tuna now.
                              It has it, its black so its hard to see in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                                So it is coming with Chrome hardware now? Or did you change it?
                                The black ones come with chrome hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X