DeMartini French coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini French coming?

Surprised I haven't seen a post here yet about these. Thought I would share in case people had a busy holiday weekend and missed this post and picture from Dan Lawrence on FB this weekend. If Charvel does release a French model, I can only imagine the asking price. Anyways, here's the post from the DRL site.

"The French are coming, the French are coming! Yep, watch for theses to start showing up at your dealers this year.
    Also watch for RATT along with Mr. DeMarini and his new Red Frenchie"

Yeah, saw those on Dan's feed. I really dig the black version. I can't imagine these being priced any differently than the snakeskin - basically the same guitar, just with a different graphic. I guess we'll have to wait and see, though.

Comment

Yep, pretty cool but as French is my day to day langage, what's written on the guitar has a few bad mistakes. :P

If this is based on "Too fast to live, too young to die", it should be like this: "Trop rapide pour vivre, trop jeune pour mourir" or "Trop vite pour vivre, trop jeune pour mourir"

BTW, as I don't know the origin of this on Warren's guitar, is this based on James Dean or the Sid & Nancy movie? or may be something else? I dunno ???

Sorry for being so picky on this... lol
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Still my favorite Warren graphic

Comment

Nice, hopefully it has ss frets as snake then I will get one

Comment

It's awesome that they're finally able to do these. Can't say I like the red, but the black is awesome, even though the white would be the one for me!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i am less keen on the red one, but yeah the white and black are both very cool. reminds me of when i was front row in Dudley back in 2008...

Last edited by sonicsamurai; 05-31-2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Yep, pretty cool but as French is my day to day langage, what's written on the guitar has a few bad mistakes. :P

If this is based on "Too fast to live, too young to die", it should be like this: "Trop rapide pour vivre, trop jeune pour mourir" or "Trop vite pour vivre, trop jeune pour mourir"

BTW, as I don't know the origin of this on Warren's guitar, is this based on James Dean or the Sid & Nancy movie? or may be something else? I dunno ???

Sorry for being so picky on this... lol
                I think I read that it was from James Dean. And the actual name of the graphic isnt "french" but I can't remember what it's called. Been a while since I read the article. I'll try to find it tonight when I get home.
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks TKEblue! No rush about the article but post it when you get the time. Sounds cool to know about the "background" of the writing on the guitar. But the dude or dudette who wrote this on Warren's guitar had failed a few "French" lessons...
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                    Thanks TKEblue! No rush about the article but post it when you get the time. Sounds cool to know about the "background" of the writing on the guitar. But the dude or dudette who wrote this on Warren's guitar had failed a few "French" lessons...
                    Was pretty easy to find actually. Sadly, it doesn't implicitly say what he calls the graphic. It's not very in depth at all but it's an interview.

http://www.woodytone.com/2010/04/12/...-gear-rundown/
                    Last edited by TKEblue; 05-31-2017, 10:50 PM.

Comment

@TKEblue thanks! Will read this
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

I still think the white one looks best.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Saw this too John - thanks for posting. Interesting for the news to sprout from Dan's fb feed...

Comment

Always liked the white graphic, but saw the black and thought that was a little better. Someone else mentioned that the Red would look better Ferrari red, not that muddy color. I agree.

Comment

The white is too white, but I'm still a sucker for white. Lol

A slightly vintage white also probably wouldn't make me think 'jem' when I look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X