No announcement yet.

35 year old Pink/Black Charvel Bullseye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to vote with --- I am not going to scroll to find his name --- saying pre-Jackson means before the Jackson Brand. Not before Grover Jackson came along. Because then, we would need to split hairs with, when did GJ start working there vs buying the scraps that WC left the place in.

But , all of this means nothing, because we all know that Jackson/Charvel was nothing before Eric started working there.
    And just who is Eric?
    I dunno, I just picked a random name. I am sure if you check the employment records, there was an Eric. He was the driving force that made those guitars special.

Comment

Well how many eras do we want here? The Wayne era, the pre Jackson era, the San Dimas era, the Ontario but still using San Dimas plates era, pre fender, post fender, yada yada yada
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Jesus guys, please don't start this stuff again.
        Last edited by Matt_B; 06-02-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          Ah you're no fun. :p
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            Don't worry about it and just let it go. Why do you feel the need to report posts you don't like all the time?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Back on topic, it's a very nice old Charvel that many of us wish we owned (myself included).
              Again, welcome Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Don't worry about it and just let it go. Why do you feel the need to report posts you don't like all the time?
                PM sent.

Comment

Welcome to the zoo! Beautiful piece you have their, and, from the pictures, you and your friend have kept it extremely well. Hope to see you around more.
                  "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Really think the OP meant "pre-Fender" not "pre-Jackson"....big deal to some & not so much to others....either way great guitar!!

Comment

Great looking guitar, but if you've had the guitar since the early 90s, some 20 years, and your friend was the original owner, you must know what it is by now, especially with the terms you mention like Ojeda, offset bullseye, special, limited, etc. My mistake if this naivete in your post is purely genuine. But no response from the OP to all the comments make me curious if it was just to drum up interest.

Probably wrong though and I sound like a doosh and deserving of any wrath.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Actually, from what I've read in interviews with Ed over the years, he bought bodies from Lynn Elsworth of Boogie Bodies. The only ones I know of that came from Wayne was the Destroyer he borrowed and perforated with a drill to make a Star, which is the one used on the cover of Women And Children First, and the Hydra, which is an abomination unto itself. Wayne may have made him a neck or two and put his logo on them and clearcoated Ed's kitchen-table-refins, but prior to Wayne selling the company to Grover, aside from mounting necks on bodies, he didn't "build" much for Ed.

And yeah, no follow-ups to the thread = "fishing for buyers".
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Actually, from what I've read in interviews with Ed over the years, he bought bodies from Lynn Elsworth of Boogie Bodies.

I've found that the story has changed over the years. Think about it...
                          When you are being paid millions to sell one brand, you can't tell the story where it includes another competing brand. --- really, does jackson even have competition? There's jackson, and there's there's the toys everyone else makes.

Sure, he bought from this place and that place, but we all know that what is on the cover of VH1.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            The only ones I know of that came from Wayne was the Destroyer he borrowed and perforated with a drill to make a Star, which is the one used on the cover of Women And Children First.

Uhhmm....no....two different guitars....the Women & Children first guitar was a set-neck Ibanez Explorer copy that he "cut up" ....& his bolt-on Star (black & white stripes) w/Danelectro neck....

Comment

Working...
                            X