35 year old Pink/Black Charvel Bullseye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 year old Pink/Black Charvel Bullseye

I’ve decided to hop on a forum to try and figure out exactly what I have in this guitar.

From searching, this is what I’ve gathered. Not exactly like the famous Twisted Sister Eddie Ojeda one. The Bullseye is “offset” (because the Bullseye is not in the center?) I've seen the word 'offset' used on a number online.

I’ve had this guitar since the early 90’s. Got it from a friend that bought it new in the early 80’s. I’ve been told it is special. Limited run, usa made, pre Jackson, etc.

Serial number 1715

https://goo.gl/photos/jwn5vb9b8YPUjXrL8

https://goo.gl/photos/efParNwSkeC2ymoD6

Last edited by fmaddin; 06-01-2015, 06:01 PM.

That would be an all original December 1982 San Dimas Charvel Strathead. Beautiful and worth some big bucks !

Comment

That's VERY nice! looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by fmaddin View Post
        Limited run, usa made, pre Jackson, etc.[/FONT]

Serial number 1715

https://goo.gl/photos/jwn5vb9b8YPUjXrL8

https://goo.gl/photos/efParNwSkeC2ymoD6

Cool guitar but no such thing as a production guitar that's "pre Jackson." Grover Jackson made the company what it was by 1982 in order to build that guitar.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I've heard people use "Pre Jackson" a few times just meaning that it was before Grover started putting his own name on guitars, but I agree that it's better not to use the term because so many people are misinformed about that time in C/J history.

Killer guitar! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Welcome aboard Frank. Legendary guitar and legendary first post. Glad to see its in such great shape and happy to know you're not going to sell it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Cool guitar but no such thing as a production guitar that's "pre Jackson." Grover Jackson made the company what it was by 1982 in order to build that guitar.
                Yeah, but in 1982 "Jackson" was not a brand or company name. It was still Charvel Mfg... or whatever.

And I bet you already have a half dozen offers in your inbox... most of them probably lowballing.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  And I bet you already have a half dozen offers in your inbox... most of them probably lowballing.
                  Like vultures on a fresh carcass and for the record I made no offers. I'm a player, not a collector.

Comment

Nice early Charvel. Yes, USA. Not a limited run, though, as basically everything was a one-off custom order back then.

Comment

Killer Charvel you have there! Congrats and welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Yeah, but in 1982 "Jackson" was not a brand or company name. It was still Charvel Mfg... or whatever..
                        By "pre Jackson" I took him to mean "before Grover Jackson stole the company from Wayne Charvel who built all the cool early 80's Charvels."
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Amazing Guitar- Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wayne was gone by '79 afaik. He was gone by the time Charvel MFG was building complete guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              By "pre Jackson" I took him to mean "before Grover Jackson stole the company from Wayne Charvel who built all the cool early 80's Charvels."
                              Ahhhh, the old Michael Charvel story. Let's not forget that Wayne Charvel is responsible for all of Eddie Van Halen's success.

Comment

Working...
                              X