No announcement yet.

What's new with Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all very sad. I was really looking forward to them getting their act together.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Saw the new axes on the site. Dreadful. Who the heck asked for Charvel to do that? Man...they had great momentum, and this is gonna stop it COLD.

Comment

I just went to the site...yikes...not a fan.

Comment

We've been asking Jackson for new shapes for years. Why can't charvel do it? They can only sell so many super strats.
          These models all look close to old J/C guitars. the jackson infinity, the surfcaster and whatever the singlecut was called back in the day.
          The 80's are long over. So are the 90's people. If charvel wants to survive they have to find their way into todays market. In 2002 schecter stoped making their super strat to make a break from the 90's.
          Charvel is never going to ever again going to be the boutique that everyone wants and only the cool kids play. To me these are old charvel designs modernized to compete with what's hot right now.

Comment

The charvel refinement is the singecut name.

Comment

I agree that they need to change with the times. But, it seems that they have almost all but abandoned what made them great in the first place. Let's face it, trying to convince the new generation that Charvel guitars are cool is going to be an uphill battle. Why not still try and capture some of the slightly older market while it's still there to get? Just sayin.

Saw the site. After a threw up a little in my mouth, I noticed there was nothing about cs models. All the new models look like the cheap ESP junk.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Oh no...I guess the next step is Charvel hauling in Deathcore and Metalcore bands without any musical knowledge and feeling to endorse their new Schecter/Ltd style guitars...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                  I agree that they need to change with the times. But, it seems that they have almost all but abandoned what made them great in the first place. Let's face it, trying to convince the new generation that Charvel guitars are cool is going to be an uphill battle. Why not still try and capture some of the slightly older market while it's still there to get? Just sayin.

Saw the site. After a threw up a little in my mouth, I noticed there was nothing about cs models. All the new models look like the cheap ESP junk.
                  Here we go again with a comparison to another company that COPIED J/C designs to begin with. The new charvels look like a cross between a Broderick signature and the old CHARVEL CS-1. Both original designes from J/C.
                  Plus there is absolutley no sence in saying they are copies when they are the originators.
                  LTD/ESP, are copies of others designs.
                  The SC models look great and make sence. The original Gibson Les Paul prototypes were Neck thru. But they went to set necks to keep production cost down. And since J/C created the SUPER Strat craze, it makes perfect sence for them to build a SUPER Paul of some type.
                  It does kinda resemble a Paul Reed Smith Singlecut and a Less Paul had a love child. Neither one has a J/C neck profile or neck thru construction. Or 24 frets for that matter.
                  Plus they do have a few Custom shop models fixing to come off the line from what I read on another thread.
                  So the truth of the matter is that "Cheap ESP junk" you speak of looks like J/C, Fender, Gibson, and always has.
                  Don't get turned around.
                  I have been a devotee since the 80's. I have a good grasp of their design history and who the imitators are.
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

New Charvel - Not what I was hoping for. That's all i'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lysander View Post
                      Oh no...I guess the next step is Charvel hauling in Deathcore and Metalcore bands without any musical knowledge and feeling to endorse their new Schecter/Ltd style guitars...
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Ha, see I like the Tuck Rhoads, if only because it's a neckthrough with reverse headstock - I think that looks killer!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like it too (minus the hard-tail bridge), but would never buy one because of the association.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                            I like it too (minus the hard-tail bridge), but would never buy one because of the association.
                            Custom Shop one then with sharkies and a Floyd, change the colour and have it with or without coloured bevels. Just my 2 cents. \m/ (><) \m/
                            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                              Custom Shop one then with sharkies and a Floyd, change the colour and have it with or without coloured bevels. Just my 2 cents. \m/ (><) \m/
                              Maybe when i find a job i'll start a thread and try to get a limited run going.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                                Maybe when i find a job i'll start a thread and try to get a limited run going.
                                I'll throw in on that!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X