Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painless hot rod job on my Holdsworth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
    I realize your mod is reversable, but your original post states this is basically your best playing/sounding guitar with a magic SD '59 in the bridge position........why the need to mess with that?
    I only modded it like I did because I do use a neck pickup. So the options were either add a neck pickup to the existing rig, thus tampering with the solder joints etc, or swap entirely the pickguard for a new one, with a set of SD's where the bridge pickup would match as closely as possible the original one.

In terms of the bridge pickup, the original SD '59 is overwound compared to the modern ones, and it sounds definitely very close to the new SD custom shop I had made for this guitar: tonally their are very similar, with basically the same resonant peak (not as trebly as a standard JB, unpotted, with a slightly degaussed magnet) and only a bit more output.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      All I see is that fuggin' fugly, bullshit sticker!! Take it off NOW..so I can see that nice guitar.

Not diggin' that zebra neck pup either. You got half a pup that's white on an entire blacked out ...thing.

Love,

Billz
      Points of view, Bill...

I posted this guitar on the Santa Cruz Skateboards forum and everyone said cool sticker, ugly guitar! So I carved out the sticker outline on the body and threw away all that ugly wood, plastic and wires.
      Last edited by surfreak; 02-16-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

The guitar looks sweet! It reminds me of a certain project someone is working on . The sticker is nice, but it just doesn't look right in its current location. It might look better on the back of the guitar.

Comment

Email sent surfreak, keep an eye out.

Comment

I would like to thank Surfreak, for selling me this beautiful Holdsworth Guitar. I Cant wait to hear what she sounds like when I get her. I will finally have a guitar to replace my charvel #4110 that I bought in high school and stupidly sold years later. I think I will appreciate this one even more though, having a more "vintage" vibe. As far as the buying process goes, it was great! Dealing with Surfreak was top notch. Thanks again and I will definitley treat this guitar with the respect it deserves.

Comment

do whatever you want to your guitars, i had a redish-pink holdsworth with a floyd mod.
              I bought it from Neal, i could have bought the the white one he had too that was original,
              but i was a player back then and wanted the floyd modded one instead.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                Points of view, Bill...

I posted this guitar on the Santa Cruz Skateboards forum and everyone said cool sticker, ugly guitar! So I carved out the sticker outline on the body and threw away all that ugly wood, plastic and wires.
                Surfreak, you got any G&S Fibreflexes lying around that you want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Anje View Post
                  Looks killer now!
                  btw I've had the same kind of experience on some old strats with the tremolo bridge, prefered the feeling when just very slightly raised
                  bingo Anje!! I always loved a little bit of float myself with any bridge, makes it great for accenting.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    Surfreak, you got any G&S Fibreflexes lying around that you want to sell?
                    Sorry, no, I had a 36" Fibreflex years ago that got stolen.... Any other pre-skool or old skool stuff you're looking for? What about a mint condition Powell Peralta Per Welinder street deck, never gripped???

Comment

you got some nice stuff. I'm a FibreFlex junkie though. Kryptonic 60's in the front and 70's in the back, it was tilted like a hot rod, best skateboard i ever owned.

Comment

I need one of these.... I can't find one anywhere.

Comment

would you happen to have the specs on the neck? im thinking of cloning a holdsworth

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
                            I need one of these.... I can't find one anywhere.
                            There are probably 1 or 2 unnamed collectors who have most of them. And yeah, I waited around for ages to get one, but I think they're too much money when they come up. Good luck, you may find one in a week, or it may take you years to get one. Depends on how much of a premium you're willing to pay.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X