Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painless hot rod job on my Holdsworth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    You're just saying that to get the chicks Tommy!
    if i was trying to get chicks i'd be saying something else was bigger, and i'd be lying-lol
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Nice, tasteful mod to a great guitar. And I love how the sticker gives it the "I don't give a fark" look.

Ah, the days of the Holdsworth model......

Comment

The guitar is sweet, but not digging the sticker

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          i love giant huge frets, look at that last picture, they look awfully large to me. I have big hands so
          the bigger the better
          They are huge, they almost look like bass guitar frets to me, possibly even wider than 6100's...

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
            They are huge, they almost look like bass guitar frets to me, possibly even wider than 6100's...
            They cast a mighty big shadow on the fretboard.

Comment

Looks killer now!
              btw I've had the same kind of experience on some old strats with the tremolo bridge, prefered the feeling when just very slightly raised

Comment

Great classic guitar...but the sticker has got to go.

Comment

NICE...still miss that guitar. I'm building a replica with a Basswood Mojo body and a Musikraft neck. Not fond of the sticker either.

Comment

Hi all, first post to this forum, Great San dimas Charvel surfreak, Love the original, like the mod (beacause it is reversible), hate the sticker (its like putting mike tysons face tatoo on meagan fox). This Guitar is the dream guitar I have been looking for all these years since selling my 84 san dimas many years ago. This one is actually alot cooler though beacause of the vintage trem, (mine had a floyd). It looks just like one jake e lee used on the batm tour. If you are willing to part with it PM me a price, I know its not likely but I got to try!

Comment

All I see is that fuggin' fugly, bullshit sticker!! Take it off NOW..so I can see that nice guitar.

Not diggin' that zebra neck pup either. You got half a pup that's white on an entire blacked out ...thing.

Love,

Billz
                      Last edited by horns666; 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Im in the minority and like the sticker. Old school skateboard and reminds me of venice beach thrash/punk rock (Suicidal, etc).

Comment

Well, I remember Holdsworth holding a Crimson colored Model in the old Add..with matching bow tie. It looked very classy. I love classy looking shit..because it's timeless, and not dated IMO. Clean and Classy. I prefer it the way it was. But I can see adding a neck pup if one useses it.

JakeE, nailed it for me in his first post here. Great analogy!! Anal-Log-Y.

No tramp stamp for the Bubz. That's like putting a bumber sticker on my Cobra. Even tho it doesn't have bumpers. It has jack stands..??:think:

These are my opinions, which are facts of course. So, ..these are facts!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A Gretch White Falcon looks classy as '59 Caddy.

Comment

I realize your mod is reversable, but your original post states this is basically your best playing/sounding guitar with a magic SD '59 in the bridge position........why the need to mess with that?

Comment

I love one hum guitars, so I prefer it stock. :P
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X