Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to make a decision...SoCal 1-2H USA or Japanese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you actually buy the guitar yet? If not, let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
      Did you actually buy the guitar yet? If not, let me know...
      No...I haven't made the final purchase yet, it is still on order...I have however put a $200 deposit down.

Comment

Ah, ok...could have possibly set you up with a great dealer. Hope all goes well and you enjoy the guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by slappyJ View Post
          Gonna get me a Fender G-Dec 3 30 watt as they are on sale currently
          How much? Looking forward to a review / clips.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
            Ah, ok...could have possibly set you up with a great dealer. Hope all goes well and you enjoy the guitar!
            Who is this great dealer that you speak of?...I will be making more guitar purchases in the future.

Be aware that I am in Canada...I have bought guitars originating from the U.S. from eBay in the past and paid some hefty duty fees at the border. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              How much? Looking forward to a review / clips.
              G-Dec3 30 Watt...regular price $420 on sale for $320 Cdn. funds.

Comment

Ah, yes...this dealer is in the U.S., so maybe not the best deal for ya.

Enjoy the new Charvel!

Comment

@slappyJ Another Cannuck here. Did you get the US Charvel? If yes, where did you get that "lower" price?
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

@BenoA

I am still waiting my MIJ Charvel apparently they are back ordered at $899.00 CDN.

I would have bought the Charvel USA model that Long & McQuade has on special the Pagan Gold but I don't like the color...to me it looks like vomit. lol...they are currently on special at $799.00 CDN.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...Pegan_Gold.htm

I was seriously considering the Adrian Smith Dinky Maple guitar but one of my cats got really sick and the vet bill was through the roof.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...inky_Maple.htm
                    Last edited by slappyJ; 02-21-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

How are the neck profiles on these? Is either close at all to the USA Soloist shape?

Comment

@slappyJ Thanks! I saw that deal on the Pagan Gold model and like you, I was not sure about the color.

I played a newer MIJ Charvel and was disapointed with the fret work, the edges were very sharp. May be it was a problem with the one I tried. I will have to go back and play a few. The red version of the San Dimas looks awesome.
                        JB aka BenoA

Comment

Usa always....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've had both. I just got a Jap Dimas on Saturday. Amazing neck. I like the tint to begin with, and the fretwork is on par if not better. The fretboard edges are rolled giving it a nearly scalloped appearance. I had to shim the neck a tad, and I hate the direct mount p'ups, but that will change at some point. Plays AWESOME now that I have it set up.

Comment

Been over 5 weeks and still no guitar since I was told they have been back-ordered...waiting sux

Comment

Sorry to hear buddy. Still on back order? I pass my turn on the Charvel and jumped on a used MusicMan JP6 that I found in local ad. My guitar search is now over!
                                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                                X