Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Charvels - Poor resale value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    I should have known this before I bought a Bikini Beach Fusion. Yikes. Talk about no market.
    Just have Mike Learn add an octopus raping her, and your problems are over!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Just have Mike Learn add an octopus raping her, and your problems are over!
      I should have thought of this before trading it for an Ibanez.

... this can go on and on...
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I just bought the other red ghost flame 2007 charvel custom on ebay !! 750.00 shipped!!! I figured if im to spend the money i might as well get the custom shop one regardless of the graphic !! And the clear coat that is peeling off the edge of the pointy headstock !! Besides that it should be mintish !! With the gg case !! Havent got it yet !! Any ideas to repair the peeling on the headstock (seems to be common on the pointy custom shop headstocks) cant wait to get it !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It seems to be in better shape then this one besides the peeling clearcoat it was listed as spectacular condition !!! Once i get it ill know more !!! Ill post pics also !! Again any ideas for repairing the peeling headstock ????

Comment

Maybe a job for Mr. Mike Learn? Contact him.

Comment

Weird...at $1100.00 i would think this was a steal? Even in this crap economy, i would never sell my CS HRF...for less than $1700.00.. (Which means it wouldnt sell!) Fine with me...
              Ill just wait 5 years, till it rolls back upward...hopefully! :-))

Matching headstock Biatches! LOL

Ah...back in 06'..(the good ole days) ... this would have fetched $2800.00! :-((
              Last edited by Robert Burns; 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Now that flame job is sweet! Ghost flames just don't do it for me.

Comment

NICE HRF, I am not into the ghost type flame. Really digging the neck on that bad boy. I would keep her together and do another paint job on it, I am sure you will bond better with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
                    NICE HRF, I am not into the ghost type flame. Really digging the neck on that bad boy. I would keep her together and do another paint job on it, I am sure you will bond better with it.
                    I decided to part her out -- loaded body is on the auction block now. I tried to sell the guitar locally here for $1000 with no takers. I seriously considered a refin, but the cost of doing a refin just didn't seem like a good move. At the current resale values, I figured I could pick up another used one on the cheap that has a graphic more aligned with what I want. Or, I may decide to hold on to the neck and pick up a white SoCal body for it. We'll see.

While taking it apart, I did discover that it was a 2-piece Alder body...

and that the pickups are a Custom 5 Trembucker and a Jazz.
                    Last edited by zarl; 10-21-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X