Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Charvels - Poor resale value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this thread doesn't sell it for you, I don't know what will. God knows, I'm tempted!
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Please don't part it out. For me?

Seriously, parting out guitars is lame. That thing will sell eventually, although the flames don't float my boat.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I've been looking at you're CS Charvel on CL for a while now, and I do like the guitar, but for some reason, I am partial to a maple board on the SD Charvels. The rosewood doesn't do it for me with this paint scheme. If yours had a maple board, you'd have already heard from me, I'm in VV too. My next purchase will me a maple board Charvel.
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
          I agree with the others. The market is soft for everything right now. There are lots of smokin' deals on guitars and they aren't selling.
          I would like to have that neck for an old Charvel Star that lost its neck. So if you decide to part it out I am interested. I am not a huge fan of people parting out guitars, but that is your choice.
          +1 Not just guitars- I couldn't sell a 2600 dollar Mesa Roadster 2 x 12 combo in pristine condition for 1600 bucks! Times is tough, is all....

Comment

pm'd

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
              Please don't part it out. For me?

Seriously, parting out guitars is lame. That thing will sell eventually, although the flames don't float my boat.
              Yeah, the parting out thing is a pain to do and I really don't like doing it. I just got an offer to trade it in for some generous store credit at one of the big Charvel dealers. I might be going that route now.

Comment

Originally posted by zarl View Post
                Yeah, the parting out thing is a pain to do and I really don't like doing it. I just got an offer to trade it in for some generous store credit at one of the big Charvel dealers. I might be going that route now.
                Not only that, when you look for guitars on the bay or something and find parted-out necks and bodies it really blows.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Unless you need one of those parts, and then its really cool.

They're just pieces of wood bolted together - its not like you make God cry when you unbolt a neck and sell it.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    They're just pieces of wood bolted together - its not like you make God cry when you unbolt a neck and sell it.
                    Maybe one of His angels!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I too was watching this one on eBay. I felt like I had seen this one before a bunch of times on eBay and it made me wonder what was wrong with it that it kept having to be relisted. That sais, at $1099 it seemed reasonable.
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
                        I too was watching this one on eBay. I felt like I had seen this one before a bunch of times on eBay and it made me wonder what was wrong with it that it kept having to be relisted. That sais, at $1099 it seemed reasonable.
                        I relisted it three times over three weeks, dropping the price a couple hundred each time. Nothing wrong with it other than the chip on the front and some scratches. I too thought that the $1099 seemed like a really reasonable price for a used custom shop, considering the last of the USA ProMods are selling at that price.

Comment

I debated on this one and am also surprised it didn't sell. I love the idea of a custom shop for the price of a USA ProMod but the RGF graphic just didn't do it for me.

Comment

The Custom Shop guitar paradox:

- If its too plain, what's the advantage over a production model?
                            - If its too custom, who would want it other than the one who ordered it?
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Dude, last I looked there was an attractive SL2H locally that could be had for 5. Pointy = tough, Locking trem =tough. There's only so many of us 80's guys out there to suck all this stuff up.

Rich is right, if you can't sell it makes it tough to buy because you don't know if you can get back out of it should you decide you don't like it.
                              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                                Rich is right, if you can't sell it makes it tough to buy because you don't know if you can get back out of it should you decide you don't like it.
                                I should have known this before I bought a Bikini Beach Fusion. Yikes. Talk about no market.
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X