No announcement yet.

New vid on Charvel website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - no way these have Qtr sawn and an oil finish.
    The 2002 did at around this price point(and the quality of the grain on those blew away the promods). If these are not gtr and oiled necks these are definitely overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      The 2002 did at around this price point(and the quality of the grain on those blew away the promods). If these are not gtr and oiled necks these are definitely overpriced.
      2002 what? Those Journeyman, Traditional models? Ugh..

I don't see any reason why these shouldn't be priced in line with the current DK-2's. Essentially the same thing - just different shapes. i.e. you're not getting any less of a guitar than you would if you bought a DK-2.

I don't even know why I care because I'll never buy one.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by plexipwrd View Post
        I agree. I just picked up a mint '05 and it is a fantastic guitar.
        Agree too. The pro mod necks are comfortable but I also prefer the back shape of the pointies from 04-06. I'm waiting on the tracking number for the one I won a couple of days ago.

Comment

2002 what? Those Journeyman, Traditional models? Ugh..
          yes those, the 3 I had all had very close tight grain which means they were from closer to the center of the tree. the promods not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
            To me, one of the whole points of having the USA Pro Mod series was that Charvel diehards could get an actual "Made in USA" Charvel at an affordable price. There's the key to me "made in USA" where the originals were.
            +1

"Made In USA"....that says it all, and I'm not even American! You ought to be here in the UK, USA Charvels were like rocking horse shit until the Production series came out and had such a mystique about them, as few people had seen them let alone owned one. They didn't even start bring the Pro series over until the 2nd batch, I had to travel to the US to play one. And when I got one it was every bit as good as expected, it became my main guitar, the Gibsons now tend to stay in the cupboard. As other have said, the Jap Charvels were good (I've owned a Model 4 since 1989) but the USA Charvels are a step up.

Charvel "Made In USA" - that's the brand. It's taken a lot to build up, and would take very little to lose - look at Toyota. The Charvel branding and marketing (teaser videos) have been THE best in recent years, no bullshit, great branding for a great product.....don't lose it (actually, I don't think they will as they appear to be smart guys).

Comment

They are not going to lose it. It will simply cost an extra $1000.00 bucks to get it. Unless, we see a drop in CS pricing??

Comment

Working...
              X