Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Charvel San Dimas Customs... Ketchup and Mayo anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Makeajazznoisehere glad your back in the good graces of guitars you love. Happy Thanksgiving.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
      Man, I love that white one. I had my eye on it for months while it was on E-Bay, but $2499.00 is pretty steep in this economy. I couldn't figure out a way to convince my better half I needed yet another guitar. Congrats and I'm glad it found a good home.
      How about a full review of that baby?
      My review:

It's fucking awesome!

The End

No, seriously if there are any specific questions you want to know, I'll be glad to answer them.

- The neck profile is described as "San Dimas" - it's very similar to a Pro mod, but with binding and ebony

- The pickups are awesome, for me. I use the neck mostly for clean, so the Jazz is great. The Custom turned me off of EMG's, it's THAT good for metal, but it can do classic rock or about anything else you throw at it

- Great fret work

- Love the contoured heel/scalloped neck joint. Upper fret access is great!

That's about all I can think of... I don't really have anything bad to say about the Reno's/Guitar Hotline Custom Shops... For the money, it's a LOT of Charvel Custom Shop, compared to others you'll see at TMZ and such. On the other hand, if you're more of a "purist" you might not like some of the extras, but... I'm not a purist.

Comment

Those are awesome! Congrats. I'm also a big fan of the green and yellow they've got.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool features on those mate! nice!

Comment

I love both of those...congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Those are awesome! Congrats. I'm also a big fan of the green and yellow they've got.
              Thanks! I *love* the green one they have on the Guitar Hotline site. However when I asked about it they showed me the "blue" one I talked about before (navy blue binding/inlays on what looked like "surf green" to me) so I'm not sure they actually have it... I can't figure it out exactly. Their ebay store has some slightly different stuff on it, and they have some stuff that isn't on either (like, an identical white Custom Shop to mine, which I don't see for sale anywhere except hanging in their store.)

They yellow one is a really nice guitar. Not my thing (yellow) but if you like yellow, it's really, really yellow (not that mustardy Taxi Cab stuff, it's more like Big Bird yellow. ) and looks like a great guitar.

Comment

Working...
              X