Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Charvel San Dimas Customs... Ketchup and Mayo anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel San Dimas Customs... Ketchup and Mayo anyone?

I've been busy replacing my stolen axes... (Please excuse pic quality... They also stole my camera )

When I bought my white Charvel, they had this red one. I almost bought it instead of the white one.

The color doesn't look quite right, it is absolutely Ferrari Red in person.

So, they still had it, and I bought it.

And this one, too... Which is it's white twin. Snow White, pure, absolutely white... not like the Polar White used on the Pro Mods.

These are kinda interesting; this shop agreed to buy a certain quantity of the guitars to get these features at a reasonable price (compared to other Charvel Custom Shop guitars) so instead of a straight San Dimas style body with a maple neck, they've got ebony, binding, matching inlays, contoured heels and scalloped cutaways. Plus the "Rhoads style input jack."

You can't see any of that shit in the pictures. But it's there.

nice pair..I like the input jack on these
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Thanks, me too!

It's not the best when you're sitting down, but standing up with the cord through the gap between the strap and the body it's awesome!

Comment

The red looks pretty cool. I'm not sold on the binding or the red inlays, but everything else is cool.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Cool! The control layout is odd on them, though.

Comment

I like both!

Comment

ketchup & mayo? Or blood & pus?

that scalloped cutaway looks odd on a strat body.

The red dots, pickups & binding is a bit much for my taste, but I dig the white one.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, I love the white one!

Comment

that red one is pretty sick!!!!!!!!

Comment

Beautiful axes man. The binding on the white one looks more pearloid or MOP than any of the binding I have on my C/J stuff..... is it different than the usual looking binding?

Comment

I love the white one! ...not a big fan of white pickups, but she sure is nice

What pickups are they?
                      www.vendetta-theband.com
                      www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Congrats on finally getting the insurance business sorted out so you can start replacing some of our collection. Good description! Ketchup and Mayo. This makes of a good Thanksgiving for you!

Comment

Very unusual with the bound fingerboards but definitely a unique look, especially with the color-coordinated pickups.

I'm glad to see that you are getting some replacement guitars from the insurance company.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Cool! The control layout is odd on them, though.
                            It's 2 volumes and the selector. The volume furthest from the selector is the bridge PU, the closer one is the neck PU. Both pots have a treble bleeder. It's actually a pretty slick setup, but yeah, it is kinda "different" not having the selector in the middle.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            ketchup & mayo? Or blood & pus?

that scalloped cutaway looks odd on a strat body.

The red dots, pickups & binding is a bit much for my taste, but I dig the white one.
                            Oh, it's a bit much for mine, too! Kinda "over the top" like my BKGF DK1 with the gold HW. It's pretty loud, it actually kind of hurts my eyes a little bit when I open the case, but I get used to it in a few minutes, and then I love it.

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                            Beautiful axes man. The binding on the white one looks more pearloid or MOP than any of the binding I have on my C/J stuff..... is it different than the usual looking binding?
                            Yep, it is pearloid, very different in person than the standard Ivoroid stuff, it doesn't come out well in the crappy pics. The inlays on the white one are MOP, it goes together pretty nicely.

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                            I love the white one! ...not a big fan of white pickups, but she sure is nice

What pickups are they?
                            Thanks. They have Jazz neck pickup and an SH5 Custom (yep, not a TB5) in the bridge. Sounds great... Actually the reason I put the Custom in my white Warmoth single-hum, I'd never tried one before, but I love the Custom!

Originally posted by thesparkeffect View Post
                            Congrats on finally getting the insurance business sorted out so you can start replacing some of our collection. Good description! Ketchup and Mayo. This makes of a good Thanksgiving for you!
                            Well, I actually got the insurance payout a while back, for a week or two I just didn't really even want to think about buying a guitar. Obviously, I've gotten over it!

Comment

Man, I love that white one. I had my eye on it for months while it was on E-Bay, but $2499.00 is pretty steep in this economy. I couldn't figure out a way to convince my better half I needed yet another guitar. Congrats and I'm glad it found a good home.
                              How about a full review of that baby?

Comment

Working...
                              X