New pro mod cracked neck!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pro mod cracked neck!!!!

So I haven't played my polar white pro-mod in a while because I have way more guitars than I have free time. It still has the factory strings on it and a total of about 2 hours play time. So I had a few minutes to kill today and I took it out of the gig bag and immediately notice the strings are choking out on the first fret. I was horrified to find huge cracks on both sides of the locking nut running down both sides of the neck. I am going to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow and have them send it back to Charvel. I'm very curious to see how FMIC chooses to handle the situation. If someone is willing to host a couple pictures for this thread, PM me an email address and I will get them over to you. I will keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by biged71; 11-22-2009, 07:50 PM.

Put the pics on photobucket. Sounds like someone dropped that thing and stepped on it.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Reg, That sucks I hope FMIC takes care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Put the pics on photobucket. Sounds like someone dropped that thing and stepped on it.
        I'm hoping someone can insert the pictures into the thread. Nobody dropped it or stepped on it.

Comment

Originally posted by biged71 View Post
          I'm hoping someone can insert the pictures into the thread. Nobody dropped it or stepped on it.
          Upload your pics to photobucket - get a free account if you don't already have one - and then you can post your own pictures in the thread.

So you're saying the neck just cracked on its own?
          Blank yo!

Comment

I'm saying the last time I played it it wasn't cracked. I am an adult and I have never dropped it. I take care of my gear because most of it is very expensive and I work very hard for my money. I don't leave my guitars laying around, even the inexpensive ones. This guitar has been laying flat on its back in its gig bag on top of some stacked hard cases about three feet off of the ground in my humidity controlled, secure, home studio. That's what I'm saying.

I have a photobucket account. However, I don't have the computer skills to post them in the thread. So unless your volunteering to help me out, can I assume your done offering advice?

Comment

I have a photobucket account. However, I don't have the computer skills to post them in the thread. So unless your volunteering to help me out, can I assume your done offering advice?
              I know YOU'RE frustrated, but that snarky tone is not exactly going to win you friends & influence people.

And so you don't get all butt-hurt for me not helping you: http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=49&...=f&topicID=400
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not trying to be snarky(great word). I just was anticipating having to defend my not running over the guitar with a truck to FMIC, not on this forum. I was posting mostly as an FYI, but that seems like a waste of time so I am going to just delete the thread.

Comment

Id love to see some pictures of this.....Email me the pics. Ill host em
                  [email protected]
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

here is a pic from the thread being discussed over on the Charvel guitar board

Last edited by gtrbuyer; 11-22-2009, 06:55 PM.
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

pm me an email address and I will send them to any interested parties.

Comment

Cool. Thanks Trace.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I doubt they will cover it as it looks like stress fracture cause by a hard blow to the front of the headstock. If that is the pic of your guitar, maybe I am wrong in assuming that. The crack found ledge on the Floyd nut. Alot of them with the same damage do at same spot as well. If you didn't notice it when you got it, or the dealer when they had received it, I would be surprised if they give you a new neck. I have been wrong in the past and they have covered some fractures that certainly looked like a mishap and not manufacturer liability.
                          Good luck with it and it does suck to deal with regardless.
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Thanks Mike. I am a huge fan of your work. I'm just baffled by this situation. Someone had mentioned that it may have had a hairline fracture during shipping and then with this crazy northeast weather it may have just blown up. I haven't taken this guitar out of it's bag in a couple of months. Anythings possible. I have had no dealings with FMIC customer service so I don't know what to expect. These necks probably cost them next to nothing to make, so I am hopeful they will send me a new one. That would be cool.

Comment

Once you've uploaded the pics to photobucket - underneath the picture, photobucket will give a bunch of links. You want the one that has the "[IMG]" bookends around it. Copy it and paste it into the post you are making and it will show up in your post.

And I agree with Mike - that thing got whacked. Maybe you didn't whack it, but somebody did. Strat necks, expecially quartersawn, don't crack like that (if they ever do). I'm guessing this one fell on its face hard - probably onto the bolts of the locking nut.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X