No announcement yet.

6th Batch Custom Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they did it! they came out with the Adrian Smith Socal!!!!!! I guess I have to start saving for that one!
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

I think this new batch looks great. The polar white so-cal is my favorite of the bunch. I might just have to pick one of those up soon before they sell out.

Comment

Like many have said already, the white one looks killer IMO. How do you go about getting one? I NEVER see these in stores here in Las Vegas. So I'm guessing it's some other way of ordering for this series? Just curious.
        - Adam

Comment

Got my new "white So Cal today. It is indeed very sweet, but it is NOT as white as the pictures. It is creamy, off-white. Same color as SD1 from 4th batch.

Comment

Got my new "white So Cal today. It is indeed very sweet, but it is NOT as white as the pictures. It is creamy, off-white. Same color as SD1 from 4th batch
            It's the same color isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              It's the same color isn't?
              Yes, I know it is advertised as the same "Polar" white color. But after looking at the pictures, I was still surprised when I got it. It is *exactly* the same creamy white color that the SD1 is.

When you compare the SoCal to a snow white guitar (like my Ibanez Gilbert model or my Jackson RR1), the colors are very, very different. I will try to post some side by side pics later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                Yes, I know it is advertised as the same "Polar" white color. But after looking at the pictures, I was still surprised when I got it. It is *exactly* the same creamy white color that the SD1 is.
                Maybe I am missing something here, but can you explain why two guitars that are spec'd as "Polar White" have you surprised they are "exactly" the same color?:think:

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                  Maybe I am missing something here, but can you explain why two guitars that are spec'd as "Polar White" have you surprised they are "exactly" the same color?:think:
                  You are not missing anything, I just wasn't very clear. If you go back and look at the SD1 4th batch threads, there was a lot of discussion about how the guitars were not as white as some people expected, they were more of an off-white, cream color.

There is often some variance in shade/tone on different batches - even when they are advertised as the same color. But that's not the case here, 6th batch So-Cals apparently really are the same creamy color as the 4th batch SD1. I think that is going to disappoint some people who were hoping for the snow white look of a Adrian Jackson or a Jake replica Charvel.

Comment

I sure would love to see a true Sea foam green style 1 with chrome hardware. If they did that, I would buy one immediatly. it would be WAY cool to do it with chrome pickup rings too. that could be a cool wildcard. I really think that would be a popular one. yep, a TRUE sea foam green and chrome hardware. its a winner.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Yeah that would be cool, even the white socal would look great with chrome hardware.
                      Ratt & Roll

Comment

• Sea foam green or 'surf green" is just aching to be on one of those charvels.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Hopefully these pics will help clarify what I was trying to say. The shades of white between the "Polar" white Charvels and the "pure" white Ibanez are fairly different. When you see them in person, the difference is even more obvious.

I'm not saying this is a good thing, or a bad thing. It could be either depending on your perspective.

Comment

• Yeah as soon as the Polar SD-1 came out it was determined that polar white was a bit of an off white, more on the cream side of white. I guess I am just puzzled why it was a surprise when the SoCal was the same? Nice trio in those pics! How does the PG Sig play and sound?

Comment

• The PGM's are amazing guitars. I also have the new PGM 401 (the natural one), and it is frankly one of the best guitars I've ever played.

Comment

• Thanks posting pix of them side by side. Thats a great comparison of the different shades of white. Like you said, not any better or worse just different. I think both whites look good!
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X