No announcement yet.

6th Batch Custom Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been trying, but I still cant get into that seasick green. that white so cal is obviously cool, and the magenta is OK.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by alanhindle View Post
      Do you mean "CHiPs"?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzEmPEnYxo

....and he's obviously a zoologist as well as a motorcycle cop if he can spot a Homo sapiens.

I thought he sold sunglasses?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r4xLXJI9E
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

those are all killer.

very cool color choices this time and the wildcard thing is cool too.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hopefully, if the all white SoCal sells out in a week, someone over at Charvel/Fender will decide to make more! I agree, if everyone loves white, it should be a standard color, like it was / is for Jackson.
          '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
          '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
          '98 PRS Custom 22
          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Maybe this has already been answered in another thread - what band or guitarist is playing in the music for the video for batch 6?
            http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=63728598

Comment

Originally posted by EVHwannabe View Post
              Maybe this has already been answered in another thread - what band or guitarist is playing in the music for the video for batch 6?
              http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=63728598

Doug Rappoport.. he's very cool. Tasty guitarist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                Thanks for letting us know. I was also wondering who was playing. The background soundtrack rocks!
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

LOL, only fellow guitarists call other guitarists "tasty."

Doug is an awesome player. That track is called "Ripp Rapp" I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcALrQaCnk

Comment

He's fucking great...but ARRGGGGHHH, he's playing one of those damn Gibsons. WTF!?!

Comment

But, but...Gibsons and Charvels are a match made in heaven!

My ideal gigging setup is Charvel, Les Paul, and Splawn Quick Rod.

Comment

The Sea Sick Green is very blue. It's very close to a Daphne Blue, but as you look closely it's got a green hue (if that makes sense). It's one of those rounds where the photo's and video's don't do them justice.
                        That's awesome! I've always been very fond of any kind of light green or blue on a Strat.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't understand why the Sea Sick is not getting the chrome hardware, creme rings zebra pickups? Just look at the Polar White SD1, it is one of the few "sold out" models and it is one of the newest as far as batches go. I read somewhere that they were gonna do the trans magenta with chrome and decided against it, good call, but what about the obvious choice?!

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                            I don't understand why the Sea Sick is not getting the chrome hardware, creme rings zebra pickups? Just look at the Polar White SD1, it is one of the few "sold out" models and it is one of the newest as far as batches go. I read somewhere that they were gonna do the trans magenta with chrome and decided against it, good call, but what about the obvious choice?!
                            I say they just rerelease the white SD1

Comment

I agree that the Sea Sick Green would have been best suited for chrome hardware, even if no others were. But it isn't really a deal breaker since it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to swap it out.

Personally, I prefer chrome or gold on all of my guitars over black. But it seems most came with and still have the original hardware (black). I guess that overstates the fact that it is not really a deal breaker for me. Otherwise I would have changed them already. And at some point I probably will.

If you like the SS Green aside from the black hw, just go ahead and get it. Order chrome replacement parts and sell off the black. That makes the swap a little less painful on the wallet.
                              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
                                I agree that the Sea Sick Green would have been best suited for chrome hardware, even if no others were. But it isn't really a deal breaker since it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to swap it out.

Personally, I prefer chrome or gold on all of my guitars over black. But it seems most came with and still have the original hardware (black). I guess that overstates the fact that it is not really a deal breaker for me. Otherwise I would have changed them already. And at some point I probably will.

If you like the SS Green aside from the black hw, just go ahead and get it. Order chrome replacement parts and sell off the black. That makes the swap a little less painful on the wallet.
                                Yeah, it's not a deal breaker and on some models black does look better, like on the trans magenta. I also love the black on my slime green, looks fine. I thought I was going to sacrifice my polar white body to a candy blue or sea sick, but I seem to be falling back in love with the polar white!

Comment

Working...
                                X