• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the number or auction title?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-USA-Pola...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
      The polar white San Dimas 1 was the best selling and fastest to sell out of any of these Charvel models so far. If the color of it isn't quite right to you or the hardware is wrong, I hear you. But they only have to find 150-200 in the world who like them. I am just so use to modifying my guitars to exactly what I want. That to me is what Charvel is all about and always has been.

I understand not wanting to spend $1100 on a guitar and then having to change anything. BUt some of us are very picky. We'll take a perfectly acceptable color or color of hardware or pickup and change it. We'll sand laquer off of Fender necks and oil finish them. We'll route old LEs Paul Deluxes and put humbuckers in them. We'll take Fender strats and scallop the fretboards. We'll mod Marshall amps. We're all guitarists and if we're at the Charvel site it's because we dig a company that only ever came into existence because people didn't want something off the shelf.
      spot on.

Comment

true true. no more will be said about the argument. I said my what I had to say. now let's stay focused on the TOPIC from now on.
        the one in the auction looks VERY white. is it the lighting or are there really severly different versions of this? if so, that doesnt say much for charvel quality control.

Comment

Wow.
          The stock version looks MUCH better....
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
            Wow.
            The stock version looks MUCH better....
            yeah - it looks like ass with the black floyd. You have to change out everything to get it to look right - black pickups, rings, knob, switch tip, etc...
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The white SD1, they should have run another 200 of those. How many black ones do we need?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                The white SD1, they should have run another 200 of those. How many black ones do we need?
                I'd like at least one more black one, but with an ebony or rosewood board - pref ebony.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Oh, that's easy!

First, you buy 2 Pro Mods. Then you realize that one has a gimpy neck pocket, and you buy a replacement body. Then you buy a Custom Shop Charvel and wreck the body wetsanding it. Then you sell the Pro Mod with the replacement body because the tremolo posts lean forward, sell the neck off the black Pro Mod, and then put the Custom Shop neck on the black Pro mod.

Viola! Pro mod with an ebony fingerboard. Do it, or Newc will call you lazy!

Comment

I think there's some shill bidding going on with that white sd-1. one bidder put in 7 bids in under 3 minutes when no one else was bidding. why would he drive it up like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      I'd like at least one more black one, but with an ebony or rosewood board - pref ebony.
                      How about black Sharpie on the fretboard. Instant ebony for about .79 cents. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by axe_calibur View Post
                        I think there's some shill bidding going on with that white sd-1. one bidder put in 7 bids in under 3 minutes when no one else was bidding. why would he drive it up like that?
                        No. Show the automatic bids.

Comment

Viola! Pro mod with an ebony fingerboard. Do it, or Newc will call you lazy!

I'm sure he's already called me worse!

No. Show the automatic bids.
                          Yep - he was bidding it up to see where the other guy topped out. I do it all the time.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

ahh.

Comment

Since newc is being a dick can we start bitching about him again?

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                                Since newc is being a dick can we start bitching about him again?

knock yourself out. just remember to always ask my permission.

Comment

Working...
                                X