Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever see the stereotypical "Wrong" axe used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
    Ensiferum is much much much more "Folk" metal. Wintersun > Ensiferum.

Those sweeps are cool, I remember learning and writing those out a while back.

If anyone wants them here you go.
    Yeah I guess Folk Metal works too. It kinda depends on which Ensiferum you're talking about; the old one with Jari or the new one with Petri which is definitely folk metal (That song about finding a house in a forest and drinking magic potions to get strength.).
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Avast! Thar be good metal!!!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Can't provide a link, but I remember seeing a guitarist in Parliament playing a Washburn Dime3 back in the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Ahhh..Try learning 2 minutes of those nails on a chalkboard..

Forget the vocals..just a couple riffs..

Ya bastid!
          ** IMO...90% of all the death metal has great "Riffs"... and should just
          lose the Cookie Monster vocals. I could listen to this for weeks on end
          if i could edit out the so called Singer! Ya bastid'

Comment

Marty playing a strat and a Les Paul. Just off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphxl...eature=related
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9C-bIxVDzk
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              It's not the vocals, it's just you.

Ya bastid'!
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

This is got be one on the best examples ever!!!

Great band, and guitarist IMO! But WTF is with the Telecaster??!!! ..:think:..For one classic COB-ish lovers..Wintersun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EY0jdIiWhY&feature=fvw

EDIT: live..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJmz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ni2...eature=related
                I actually know a few people playing in "metal" bands with telecasters

Comment

Bobby, that's actually a good idea. Y'know after a while the riff and vocals just become a package deal. I didn't just wake up one day and love death metal..I was oozed into it. Actually the band Coroner my my personal gateway band to heavier styles of metal because the riffs are so amazing...and their from the 80's.

You need some good suggestions that would ooze you into it too. Maybe Coroner..they did it for me..:think:

Ja-bastid!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                    I actually know a few people playing in "metal" bands with telecasters
                    I had a Tele with two Dimarzio humbucks. That fucker played/sounded nice..should've kept it. Musicians Friend blew 'em out a long time ago for 400 bucks shipped.

Ummm.. I certainly don't play blues or country..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wintersun has tons of great clean vocals.

Check out some Cynic, their new album Traced in Air is great and has some wide variety of vocals.

If you're not hip on the "cookie monster" thing, check out some Opeth, tons of variety as well, but a bit of CM in there, but it's done right and sounds great.

Or you could just listen to Cacophony and appreciate CM vocals.

I like "cookie monster" vocals if they're done right. I hate this new generation of shitty hardcore bands that just scream and attempt to "pig squeel" (which is the gayest thing ever btw), but the bands that I just mentioned have great vocals , and can actually sing well.
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Yep...i dig Opeth... also imo this is why Killswitch is better than most.
                        They can grovel in the depths of hades...and also sing. ya bastids! :ROTF:

Comment

This is got be one on the best examples ever!!!

Great band, and guitarist IMO! But WTF is with the Telecaster??!!! ..:think:..For one classic COB-ish lovers..Wintersun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EY0jdIiWhY&feature=fvw

EDIT: live..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJmz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ni2...eature=related
                          Wintersun is Great but I like Death and Healing better than Beyond the Dark Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                            If you're not hip on the "cookie monster" thing, check out some Opeth, tons of variety as well, but a bit of CM in there, but it's done right and sounds great.
                            +1 to this. Opeth is what actually made Lamb of God bearable for me.
                            Opeth's Watershed album is so damn good. It's got to be of my all time favorite albums. It just mixes it up so well that when the cookie monster stuff starts, it's just a tool for them like switching from clean to drive on guitar. And while none of the musicians is in 'godlike' status, they are all very talented.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                            X