Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever see the stereotypical "Wrong" axe used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see the stereotypical "Wrong" axe used?

I mean, not really its intended "Genre"..? This guy is wicked great!
    Love the melody, and his phrasing is superb.. but its just his L.A. Guns
    Axe that keeps my eye off the fretboard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQA2...eature=channel

That Nightswan's a throwback to his days as 'Flash Bastard' with Zodiac Mindwarp.

Comment

Sexual Chocolate!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWEHE...eature=related

Well I had a Ken Smith bass like that..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This is got be one on the best examples ever!!!

Great band, and guitarist IMO! But WTF is with the Telecaster??!!! ..:think:..For one classic COB-ish lovers..Wintersun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EY0jdIiWhY&feature=fvw

EDIT: live..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJmz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ni2...eature=related
        Last edited by horns666; 07-24-2009, 07:45 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          This is got be one on the best examples ever!!!

Great band, and guitarist IMO! But WTF is with the Telecaster??!!! ..:think:..For one classic COB-ish lovers..Wintersun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EY0jdIiWhY&feature=fvw

EDIT: live..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOJmz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ni2...eature=related
          *** AH! I cant listen to that stuff for more than 2 min tops...
          like nails on a chalkboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            *** AH! I cant listen to that stuff for more than 2 min tops...
            like nails on a chalkboard!
            Ahhh..Try learning 2 minutes of those nails on a chalkboard..

Forget the vocals..just a couple riffs..

Ya bastid!

Comment

There is no wrong axe.

It isn't the spoon that's bending, it is you

Comment

Holy shit Bill, before I even clicked the link I knew exactly what it was going to be. Yup. Wintersun.

I like Wintersun a lot, it's definitely on the power metal side, but for some reason I don't picture faggots playing WoW acting like they're flying through the enchanted forest to slay the demon lord dragon with Excalibur.
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Isn't Wintersun more viking metal than power metal? (can't listen to youtube at work, even if I am on lunch).
                  Scott

Comment

That Wintersun was great.

I love cranking my teles up through my Mesa roadster, you can get a real nice heavy tone out of them.

I think any guitar that Don Dokken is playing is wrong.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Isn't Wintersun more viking metal than power metal? (can't listen to youtube at work, even if I am on lunch).
                      Yeah, but there's some heavy power metal influence in there, and still, Viking metal still sort of falls into a power metal genre..
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Screw viking-metal! Somebody hook me up with some Pirate Metal!
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Screw viking-metal! Somebody hook me up with some Pirate Metal!

YAAARRRRR MATEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0T2dPyCEHc
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            :ROTF: HAHAHAHAHA dude yes!

Wintersun is the band that got me into those kind of vocals because I got used to them while I focused on the music. Before Jari created Wintersun he was the lead vocals and rhythm guitar for Ensiferum, which is an amazing Viking Metal band. Wintersun stuff is kinda crazy to play. I'm attempting the super-awesome sweeps from the start of "Beyond the Dark Sun". I just started so they shouldn't be to bad once I have them memorized.
                            Last edited by Ben...; 07-24-2009, 01:50 PM.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              :ROTF: HAHAHAHAHA dude yes!

Wintersun is the band that got me into those kind of vocals because I got used to them while I focused on the music. Before Jari created Wintersun he was the lead vocals and rhythm guitar for Ensiferum, which is an amazing Viking Metal band. Wintersun stuff is kinda crazy to play. I'm attempting the super-awesome sweeps from the start of "Beyond the Dark Sun". I just started so they shouldn't be to bad once I have them memorized.
                              Ensiferum is much much much more "Folk" metal. Wintersun > Ensiferum.

Those sweeps are cool, I remember learning and writing those out a while back.

If anyone wants them here you go.

Code:
                                    S   S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S     S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S     S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S     S  S  S  S  S  S  S  S  H           
                              D||---------------------12-15-17-14----------------14-|--19-15----------------15-20-17----------------17-|--19-15----------------15-18-15----------------15-|--19-14------------------------------||
                              A||------------------12-------------16----------16----|--------17----------17----------19----------19----|--------17----------17----------17----------17----|--------16----------16-19-17~--------||
                              F||---------------12-------------------17-14-17-------|-----------16----16----------------20-17-20-------|-----------16----16----------------18-15-18-------|-----------16----16------------------||
                              C||------------14-------------------------------------|--------------17----------------------------------|--------------17----------------------------------|--------------16---------------------||
                              G||---------14----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------||
                              D||--12h-15-------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------||

Comment

Working...
                              X