No announcement yet.

Pretty cool new thrash band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how this thread went from the band to how it's now trendy to be metal. I agree somewhat, but all of the people I've never seen people being trendy with Iron Maiden...Metallica at most, otherwise it's some shitty deathcore band that'll be gone in 3 years. Is this album a Reign in Blood? No. But it's not a horrible album either. I don't think this will be where metal is going at all, but it's still pretty cool to see new bands pump out music like the old ones did.

Comment

Pay attention man..trust me.

I give this band 4/10..and I'm being generous. I was just goin' thru my stuff (5000+ metal CDs) and listening to Warbringer..not too bad, definitely better than this.

Yeah..every "core" band in the last 15 years blows.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

They play Jacksons, so they already get a head on most other bands

But yeah they're good...fast too
        Last edited by SlaytanicDude; 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Bill, please name a band that has debuted in the last year that is doing something new. Something that cannot be categorized.

I figure if anyone can do it, it would be you, the only true metalhead who stuck with metal when it went underground in the 90s and has 5000+ CDs.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Bill, please name a band that has debuted in the last year that is doing something new. Something that cannot be categorized.

I figure if anyone can do it, it would be you, the only true metalhead who stuck with metal when it went underground in the 90s and has 5000+ CDs.
            OK, sure...I've done that before.

In Fact, it was >>I<< that brought Jeff Loomis/Nevermore to this forum almost 9 years ago. You couldn't ask for a better example right there.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So no new bands this year?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                So no new bands this year?
                I'll get to it when I get to it..

Comment

I love Rev. B.'s metal commentaries. I find them very informative. I've picked up on a lot of really good stuff from his posts on metal bands from all over the world.

Comment

May as well plug one of our own. Evilmatt just became a member here. Like I said their's alot of talent on this forum, Evile, Body of Scars, Ruin, Under Eden, Widow, COM, Coldworker, Division, Fools Faith, Silent Call, Sveree Savior and alot of stuff people are working on Dave "Moshwitz" just posted a killer solo to a song that smokes the likes of MR..

I think Evile does thrash right without jumping on the gay retro bandwagon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924bR...eature=related

Spiv there's lots of bands that can't be categorized..such as Unexpect, Hammers of Misfortune, like stated above Cynic just reunited and put out a new one after putting only one album out "Focus" in '93..again,something Metallica couldn't do.

They didn't miss a beat..literally..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhVLykF3nU

Comment

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
                      I love Rev. B.'s metal commentaries. I find them very informative. I've picked up on a lot of really good stuff from his posts on metal bands from all over the world.
                      Thanks man, that's why I'm here..that, and talkin' 'bout my pud.

Comment

I think the way stuff was recordered before gave it a better feel?
                        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                          I think the way stuff was recordered before gave it a better feel?
                          I absolutely agree. Bands had to rely on talent, and creativity...go figure. Much like bands like "Toxic".

So many metal bands today sound exactly how they were recorded.."cut and paste". No dymanics, originiailty..they sounds so lame. Unless there's a good producer who knows how to get an optimal sound for metal bands, but the talent must be there. Dudes like Andy Sneap, Neil Kernon, Dan Swano, Peter Tangren and Devin Townsend are amoung my faves. Whenever metal shopping at a store and I'm not familiar with their music ..I look who produced it, and that usually dictates to me if I'm going to like it or not. Also, some labels are more consistant than others, some are consistantly horrible like Victory IMO!. I had to rely on this before I got a computer in 2001. Still, I'll only skim 30 seconds of a song or two before I know I'll like a band or not. I'm completely against downloading music, and always supported metal bands by buying their stuff. Underground metal wouldn't exist, and many barely do. When the media started and spread the Ebonic Plague mainly during the Clinton administration, the metal underground exploded. I kept up and bought every quality metal out there amoung some boners. I can't do that these days..it's completely saturated. I don't have enough money to my name and yours to keep up with all the metal out there. Metal is MUCH bigger now than it ever was. People think the 80's was the prime era for metal. Sure, it was a fun time when bands relied on tape trading, word of mouth and a cool looking cover art. But I've kept my finger on the pulse all these years and got to know all the players. So, whenever there's a "buzz" about some lame ass band, I'm going to chime in. There's been so many amazing bands completely unacknowledged, while utter crap gets a free pass..it's a shame. I cancelled my subscription to guitar world several times for the same reasons. Popular, flavor of the month, trend hacks would be on the covers..while the very best players were being ignored. I'm sure things are different since metal is in vogue. But I'm never going to learn of a metal band or player by reading Guitar World or watch MTV or VH-1. Instead I subscribe to Metal rags Terrorizer and BW&BK. Which I absoultely recommend!!

As for going off on one of my countless "trend tangents". That's just what I do. I butted heads with members here that NU was metal for example. Something just a few years revealed as a trend..they wouldn't take my word for it. So I'll always make the effort to differentiate "True from Trend" ..Hell I started a thread not long ago based on it. Something I wanted to continue but I'm either busy at home or it just seems like work. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=metal+trends

Yes, even metal has become a trend, the bastards. Therfore I'm obligated to call what is shit, and what is the shit! I can't be fooled and I won't let you..

I always wanted metal to be more acknowledged. But now that it is commonplace..it doesn't feel as personal to me. I'm glad my favorite bands are able to make a living, or at least getting some exposure they've worked so hard for.
                          Last edited by horns666; 05-01-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I'm biased, but Revocation's Empire Of The Obscene is far more interesting to me.

www.myspace.com/revocation
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                              I'm biased, but Revocation's Empire Of The Obscene is far more interesting to me.

www.myspace.com/revocation
                              Wow there ya go!! That's actually my favorite metal genre..Progressive Death Metal..

I'm into Death, Cynic, Nocturnus, Sadist, Arsis, Capharnuam, Farmakon, Symbiosis, Atheist, Augury, Gorguts, Vehemence, Severed Savior, The Alarum, ..and ect. So of course, this is right up my alley!!

Thanks man..

Comment

Quite a bit of thrash influence as well. I never want to play after those guys again
                                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                                X