Pretty cool new thrash band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool new thrash band

Mantic Ritual, from PA. They're not your average metal band in the new century, they sound like the great old thrash bands...shows that not all modern bands are shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQYDqEzqL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TezNb5NYo-k

eh..not bad. There's alot better out there.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

They've been causing somewhat of a stir i Ultimatemetal forums.

Vocals remind me of Mille Petrozza in late eighties.
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        Depends...from the newer generations of metal, I'd have to say they're alot better. But compared to old stuff, they still got a ways to go. Then again, they are only on their first album, after they develop their sound a little more they'll be great.

Comment

Cool. Reminds me of a cross between Keator, Nuclear Assault and Flotsam & Jetsam.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Like what?
            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
            custom made Les Paul
            VOX Tonelab LE
            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
            ADA MP1
            BBE 422A
            Lexicon MPX-G2
            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
            Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
              Like what?
              Really..?

Way too much to list...old - new and everything in between. I'm not buying into this whole thrashback..may I use the word "TREND" the last few years. I find it too much of a mockery. One thing I didn't dig back in the day was some of the quirky vocal patterns/style alot of thrash bands used in the early 80's. Bands such as this one..Fueled by Fire..Black Tide and the more true-to-form Municipal Waste ect, opt to use these dated vocal styles that the originators long discarded. Those that invented thrash evolved into better thrash bands, go figure. So why take steps backward when these bands didn't. Classic thrash bands are not wearing white Nike high tops, peg legged Levi's, or using the dated singing style they used when they came out. If this is a nod to the old school, a tribute, then cool. But metalheads (especially me) are not going to take these bands seriously, because they're a novelty. Musically, Mantric Ritual is extremely mediocre, the riffs are generic and lame. Some decent vocals and song writing would be important, and not just cool cover art. Instead it reveals and confirms they're just another band jumping on the retro thrash bandwagon. Thrash has continued to exist without sounding like a cookie cutter throwback sound alike . What was cool about pioneer thrash bands is that they were ORIGINAL. Metal, although timeless had elements that didn't age well with time. One of the reasons many re-recorded early landmarks..such as Exodus, Testament, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction and ect..and sound better than ever. Something Metallica couldn't do, and they've been active. Unlike many bands that took a VERY long hiatus (because nobody cared about metal for 15+ years) have reunited such as Mekong Delta, Cynic, Confessor, Sabbat, Helstar, Forbidden, ..Carcass..At the Gates...yada yada yada..because of this unexpected metal renaissance. I could write a fuggin' book on this shit alone...literally.

If I'm required to make a "like what?" list..it's because..

A)..you were never a true metalhead. None of this "I used to be a metalhead" crap. That's doesn't fly. That's like saying "I used to be gay, but I don't suck dick anymore."..

B) ..you lived under a rock and hidden from all things metal for the last 20 years.

C)..both..

But it can be much worse IMO. We could have a Rap/Nu "metal" resurgeance. Oh Boy, I can't wait for that one!!!

I would have NEVER guessed just 5-6 years ago that I'd use the words "metal" and "trend" in the same sentence. Metal was the one thing assholes couldn't take away from me. It was real, personal and mine. I'm not surprised humans eventually fucked that up. Countless bands and metalheads carried the torch thru the years, surviving every trend that's come and gone. Now what was always sacred, and untouchable is now a fuggin' mockery... a fuggin' gimmick thanks to bands like this If you've been following what I've been saying since I became a member in 2001, and many have. This does NOT require any further explanation. Try a search with a couple key words.."Bill Z" .."Metal"..for starters.

I've known guys like Joey and Jag Panzer, Matt Barlow (Iced Earth), Tim Calvert (Nevermore), Andre Corbin (Helstar), who paid their dues from the beginning and quit metal to take a day job to make a living. They made no money because there was no scene at all. Now since Youtube and Myspace, every fuckhole is in a metal band. We have quite a few players on this forum that kicks the shit out of bands like this. More important, they're much more original than these assholes, because they created what was in their heart and not hopping on any metal bandwagons, because there wasn't any to hop on. The way it was always intended to be. Therefore, until now, Metal was always the anti-trend..not anymore.

So, we are supposed to dismiss THOUSANDS of true metal bands that worked hard, paid their dues for years , put out release after release, and kept raising the bar with little to no recognition..so we can bow down to the likes of this sub-par , mediocre bullshit, on their first attempt...noooooooooo fuggin' way!

Fuggums..
              Last edited by horns666; 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaytanicDude View Post
                Mantic Ritual, from PA. They're not your average metal band in the new century, they sound like the great old thrash bands...shows that not all modern bands are shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQYDqEzqL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TezNb5NYo-k
                Oh yeah! Mantic Ritual put out the record Metallica should have recorded after Kill 'em All!!

Comment

Really..?
                  Bill, are ya doing the SNL "Really?!" bit?

"Really, El Chiguete, really?"

But this can be much worse IMO. We could have a Rap/Nu "metal" resurgeance in a couple years. Oh Boy!!!
                  Ah shit! Hahahaha, I remember when you used to rant literally every week about dat shit, Billzy! Those were the days!

BTW, don't hold back, Bill -- tell us what you really think!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by mottobur View Post
                    Oh yeah! Mantic Ritual put out the record Metallica should have recorded after Kill 'em All!!
                    I wish I had a dime evertime I heard that one. If Mantric Ritual came out and slayed like MANY new metal bands did during "Load" ..then sure, I would agree.

But there were bands that came out in the mid to late 90's that Metallica in their prime couldn't imagine doing..

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Bill, are ya doing the SNL "Really?!" bit?

"Really, El Chiguete, really?"

Ah shit! Hahahaha, I remember when you used to rant literally every week about dat shit, Billzy! Those were the days!

BTW, don't hold back, Bill -- tell us what you really think!
                      ..Well, you know Ron. You were there man. So you know exactly what I'm talking about. We were there together..right here. Also when it came to metal, you also knew what you were talking about.

Honestly, I truly believe these guys really don't have a clue. If they think a band like this is anything to be excited about..WTF??!!:think:

Didn't Metallica write Ride The Lightning in '84 and Master of Puppets in '86?? Oh yeah..Mantric Ritual just blows that shit away..:ROTF:

You know what..how can I even talk to these guys? It's a lost cause..

Fuggit..
                      Last edited by horns666; 04-27-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

BTW, back in December I saw Mantic Ritual live, opening for Exodus, there were a lot of other young thrash bands on the bill http://culturemob.com/events/5650723...chain-reaction

It was at a tiny club in Anaheim; I guess I forgot to write a review, but I had a blast: I was the oldest fugger in the pit! Even Exodus' singer pointed me out and said so! Had my hair all down & sweaty! Wish I had a pic from that night! I may have been the oldest fugger in the room in fact!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          BTW, back in December I saw Mantic Ritual live, opening for Exodus, there were a lot of other young thrash bands on the bill http://culturemob.com/events/5650723...chain-reaction

It was at a tiny club in Anaheim; I guess I forgot to write a review, but I had a blast: I was the oldest fugger in the pit! Even Exodus' singer pointed me out and said so! Had my hair all down & sweaty! Wish I had a pic from that night! I may have been the oldest fugger in the room in fact!
                          Funny!!! I dunno man..Gary Holt and Lee Ultus (X Heathen) must be our age. Rob Dukes just acknowledged you as the real deal. Fuck Ron, if you went to see Exodus back 6-7 years ago..there wouldn't be kids there, and certainly young bands that sound like BBB era Exous. Now these shows are nothing but kid on and off stage. I'm happy kids are into this, and have the option that didn't exist for so long. Unlike the Ebonic Plague (1990-2002) . But now kids are wearing their dad's shirts because they're cool and not even knowing their music. I've talked to kids wearing metal shirts and they couldn't name one fuggin' album.

If a kid wore an Iron Maiden shirt to school 6-7 years ago..he'd prolly get his ass kicked by wiggers in FUBUwear..

Comment

I wore Iron Maiden shirt 7 years ago... my friend wore a Fubu shirt... we ended up making fun of dude who wore Backstreet Boys shirt
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I wore Iron Maiden shirt 7 years ago... my friend wore a Fubu shirt... we ended up making fun of dude who wore Backstreet Boys shirt

Endy, Of course you did...NICE!!

I would too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X