Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iced Earth sounds like Iced Earth again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My one beef with Iced Earth is the consistently weak and boring drum sound they have on every album with the possible exception of "Something Wicked" where is sounds mediocre at best. That's what you get with Jon at the helm and his rhythm guitar louder than the bass and drums combined.

I'm really glad Matt is back though. It's like slipping into a pair of your old favorite broken-in running shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a D & W anytime soon Their second one "Touched by the Crimson King" didn't sell very well and recieved horrible reviews by crtics and fans alike.
      that's a shame. I thought Crimson King rocked! (even if every song had the same three chord progression) Some good songs on there - Love's Tragedy Asunder, Down Where I Am. Good stuff! Loved the whole Dark Tower theme too.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the new IE though.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Bill

I don't know what it is, but everytime a new IE cd gets announced and released I get excited and I preview a few tracks and I instantly don't like it hahahah
        I want to like it so bad, I REALLY do, I think the guitar playing is great, but it just doesn't keep me focused, there are three bands that make me feel this way, and this is probably blasphemy but Iced Earth and Celtic Frost and Lamb of God are bands I REALLY tried hard to get into, but I just can't!
        The few tunes I listened too from this new IE really just felt to slow to me, not that everything has to be fast, but it lacked fire and strength, I just feel so many metal bands today don't have it, or if they did they lost it, but I just don't get juiced up because it feels so slow paced to me...

anyhow It's really sad but I find myself listening to all the old stuff I've been listening to for years because nothing new is really up to snuff for me or grabbing me.

anyhow, continue!

C

Sorry, I do REALLY like DevilDriver, they are a band I feel has something!
        Last edited by SpiralArchitect; 09-22-2008, 01:39 PM. Reason: I am a spaz, there for I edit......

Comment

Working...
        X