Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iced Earth sounds like Iced Earth again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iced Earth sounds like Iced Earth again..

Well, Here it is..that didn't take long..The crucible of man is here..http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197994760

Finally..an Iced Earth album I'll actually enjoy since Horrorshow.

I'll prolly be at the HOB on the 30th with my kid. Anyone else going?

BTW They are going to re-record material they did with Ripper with Barlow. That's good news in my circles..that stuff was pretty disappointing to most hardcore IE fans!

Record and ticket sales and interest steadily dived since the TGB tour, they lost alot of fans. Hopefully this will bring them back. There was alot of talk about IE when I joined here..that buzz died big time! Nobody mentioned this release. This would not been the case several years back.

Trust me, there has been MANY metal bands trying to cop the classic IE/Barlow sound since Matt Left. Many shameless imitations and attempts to grab that formula..including some local bands here!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Six years ago..this thread would have been jumpin by now..I know, I was here!

See..

They'll be significant once again..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thats good metal right there! I lost all hope with the last effort...and I like Ripper. I liked "The Reconing" from The Glorious Burden....thats about it though...

Matt sounds better than ever!

I can honestly say...I wouldn't have pursued this...Thaks Bill!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
        Thats good metal right there! I lost all hope with the last effort...and I like Ripper. I liked "The Reconing" from The Glorious Burden....thats about it though...

Matt sounds better than ever!

I can honestly say...I wouldn't have pursued this...Thaks Bill!
        Bro..agreed 100% on Ripper..That's the only song I liked too!!!

Check out the last Pyramaze with Barlow..that's what did it!!! Its like when Rob went solo..and Bruce..those bands had to get their sound back..even Roth went back to VH, for the moment!!!

Comment

\m/ I might have to see if I can get to the Troc next week.
          Scott

Comment

So Matt (Paul Stanley) Barlow is back in Iced Earth? Cool!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes...he's like Paul Stanley on streiods..he's got a very soulful and dynamic voice!!! He's very copied!!

All of his hair is gone..but that's OK!!

Comment

.......I've been waiting for this....As much as I love Iced Earth, TGB very nearly killed them for me. Framing Armageddon was something of an improvement, even though 10,000 Strong was the only tune that really stood out to me...I like what I hear so far, Divide Devour I really like already, I'll be grabbing this as soon as it comes out....IE just aint IE without Barlowe, and Jon Schaffer is one of my top influences as a guitar player, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!
                I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Yep..I just watched the Live in Athens DVD last night..THAT'S Iced Earth!!!

If you don't have it..youtube it..fuggin' awesome!!!

Comment

Live In Athens rules, I had the CD for years but just grabbed the DVD recently. It amazed me how effortless Jon makes it look when he's playing........

Hey Bill, you know all things metal, do you think there'll be another Demons and Wizards album?
                    I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a D & W anytime soon Their second one "Touched by the Crimson King" didn't sell very well and recieved horrible reviews by crtics and fans alike. I think Jon should just concentrate on IE..and get that back up to snuff..and it looks like he's on his way. He's going to be busy touring and re-recording alot of stuff Tim O did..so I heard.

Nice to hear the Uberschall in fine form!

Comment

Got this CD a few days ago. I'm not terribly impressed by it. I'm not the biggest Barlow fan, however he does sound really good on this one. The production is good and they finally got a good lead guitarist. The past guys...meh...not horrible, but not memorable. IE NEEDS a badass ballsy player and this guy is closer than the guys in the past.

I'm disappointed in that this CD and the last one were positioned as epic masterpieces but overall they're not very memorable. The last one had 10,000 Strong and a few other kickass tunes but the rest were forgettable. I think this one has strong songs but none of them stand out to me and they seem to be stuck in mid-tempo madness. Where's the light and shade? Where's the contrast and the drama? The Gettysburg song (okay technically 3 songs) were freaking awesome. Those songs floored me along with Dont Tread on Me. These songs, they're getting there but I'm just not feeling it. The original Something Wicked Trilogy...those 3 songs are phenomenal. Nothing on this new record comes close to the intensity of those songs. I'm not the guy that wants Metallica to re-record Master. I just want to hear the fire of IE and I'm being a little let down.

I liked Ripper as the IE singer more than Barlow. I don't want to hear Barlow re-record Ripper. It's like erasing Bob Daisley's playing from Ozzy's CDs.

Comment

Hell, I've never really listened to Iced Earth, but I think this kicks ass!
                          I have to get this disc - it's right up my alley.

Comment

Jon Schaffer is a very nice guy a very big history buff too.
                            I met him at RSguitarworks one day and found him to be a very pleasent guy to talk with.So much thought goes into the music its unreal.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bump..this album kills..

Comment

Working...
                              X