No announcement yet.

How did Marty start playing Kellys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty's been playing Jackson Kelly's since his days in Duece and Hawaii, if you look on his website you'll find a bunch of rare ass pics where he's playing some zebra striped kelly's. If you scavenge through the "Ask Marty" section of the site, someone asks this question and he answers.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Dave designed the basic box pentatonic blues scale?? I didn't know he was really that old.
      I thought Dan Quayle invented it !!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post

I have heard that his first Kelly was a used model from the 80's that was originally painted with tiger stripes. He had it refinished black. It's one of the few Kelly's I have seen him play with 22 frets. He's using it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVdyHs_IX1I
        There's a picture of him playing it on his site. It had what was supposedly a flame thrower on the headstock.

Here's the picture:
        http://www.martyfriedman.com/media_g...pup.php?id=181
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          There's a picture of him playing it on his site. It had what was supposedly a flame thrower on the headstock.

Here's the picture:
          Hah. Nice find.

A flame thrower... wonder why Mustaine had a problem with that. That's bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            I thought Dan Quayle invented it !!
            Maybe. I actually met him once... he did seem a little strange.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

From what ive seen on Youtube...he just wanted to live in Japan!
              Speaks japanese really well too... so maybe it's that asian poon?
              If he would have chosen Madonna....he would now be speaking in
              an English accent...and practicing Caballa....and his name would
              be "Sara, or Absolom or something !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post

Here's the picture:
                Wow, I didn't know he played Jacksons, especially Kellys before Megadeth. It even looks like that could be a hardtail Kahler bridge. Kinda prophetic.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I was able to get a copy of the work order for my Marty Friedman owned Kelly back when we used to be able to get such things from Jackson, remember Celeste? Anyway, I know it took about 4 months to build his custom shop and some places on the work order had specs marked "per Marty" I have no idea whether he paid or if it was a freebie though. 4 month wait is good enough for me to be considered an endorsement
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'd be afraid to use a flame thrower if I had a "poodle-do" like Marty's!!! The one guitar of Marty's that I always wanted was his black Jackson Firebird!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                      I'd be afraid to use a flame thrower if I had a "poodle-do" like Marty's!!! The one guitar of Marty's that I always wanted was his black Jackson Firebird!!!
                      In general I'm not a big fan Firebird guitars although I don't mind their look as a bass.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I agree, I normally do not like Firebirds. But the black one Marty had with the reverse headstock and the bound body/neck/headstock was quite impressive!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X