No announcement yet.

who are your influences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT was the reason I picked up a guitar - Warren and Robbin each had their own thing going on, and I LOVED both styles. Jerry Cantrell is the reason I still play.

Other guys I would have liked to get lessons from in their prime: Doug Aldrich, George Lynch, Ronni LeTekro, Wolf Hoffman, John Sykes, Peter Klett, Brent Woods, Steve Stevens, Andy Timmons, Bill Leverty, Reggie Wu, Neil Schon, Amir Derakh, Steve Blaze, Jake E Lee, Zakk Wylde, Criss Oliva, EVH, Nuno, Vito Bratta, and a few others...
    Last edited by chrisolson; 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• For me...Joey Buttafuoco was a real game changer.

Then I'd say Peter North..the maestro of skeet!

Amir Deraaaaarrrrrrkkkhhhhh of Cough Rutt!
      Last edited by horns666; 10-30-2011, 08:32 PM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
        Just found this great Uli Jon Roth Masterclass.... I am saying nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlvCT...eature=related
        Thanks for that - spent a great couple of hours following Uli links on YouTube - I wasn't familiar with any of his post-Scorpions stuff.
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Cliff View Post
          Thanks for that - spent a great couple of hours following Uli links on YouTube - I wasn't familiar with any of his post-Scorpions stuff.

......he's my one true love!

Glad I sans da Cheechstache!!
          Last edited by horns666; 10-31-2011, 03:35 AM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Back in the 80's there were T-shirts that read ULI IS GOD

I agree.

Some of my favorite Youtube videos are from the G3 tour that Uli was on. I just love looking at Satch and Vai's faces when the 3 of them are on stage and Uli is playing. They are literally awestruck. When Malmsteen was on the tour it seemed a little like a competition which was cool too but when Uli was on the tour it was all about RESPECT. Uli was shredding neo-classical riffs and arpeggios in the 70's and I am sure he was a huge influence on both of them. BTW.. I love those 2 guys too. Especially Vai.

Comment

• "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"

Comment

• My Sykes fanboyism comes from the Tyger of Pan Tang - Spellbound album. I wore that one out.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X