Yngwie and Lynch tonight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yngwie and Lynch tonight!!!

Rudy looked to be having a great time. IMHO I think that he is way underrated. The man was all over the neck!!!!

Adrian
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

So it looks like it wasn't one of those nights when Yngwie turns on auto-pilot and people still get excited? He said something like that in one of his interviews. I do understand that he may not be able to give 100% every day, but at least don't say it that way.
      Even on a bad-hair-day his playing makes hair on my back stand.

Comment

All I can say is, He put on one helluva show that night! Rudy was great! The whole band had their chance to shine! Obviously not as much, but it's not like I got a ticket to see them anyway! The lead singer has a great voice, but he is one goofy looking little dude!

Comment

Adrian, sorry I missed you there. I was running like mad that whole week and plum forgot to email you and set something up. Next time, I'll definitely be more thoughtful.
          Rudy was great! Yngwie has always had bassists who can play their balls off. Sometimes, he even records the bass parts for his cds. But it was cool to see Rudy again; brought back memories of when he and I played in QR together in the early 90's [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Oh, wait....that wasn't me...must have been another one of my fantasies [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Yngwie kept taking his guitar off his neck and playing in every position known to man. Basically just showing off but shit, I can't take my guitar off and keep playing runs while spinning it. The one thing I couldn't figure out was how he was kicking picks out to the audience. I didn't see him drop one from his hand and kick it. I wondered if he had some MacGyver-like device in his shoe that expelled picks at will. Anybody know what he was doing?
          What a show-off....but he is phenomenal.

George is INTENSE when he plays. I swear he grips the neck so hard I fully expected wood pulp to start dripping out onto the stage. As I said in an earlier post, if I had to pick one, it'd be George. He played with a lot of variety in his licks, didn't appear afraid to venture off on a tangent and improv a bit, and man, he has got a killer tone. I don't know if there was some soundboard problems but his guitar signal kept panning from left to right all the time. I know he was running a stereo setup but I wish they would have kept the signal more balanced. There were a lot of dropouts when it panned hard left. In the center of the room, you got the full effect though.
          Tom

Comment

Well being that I was about 10ft away and trying to grab one of those damn things, I can tell you he was dropping them and then kicking them out! He didn't miss even one from what I saw! I never did get one of those fricken picks!

We should set something up so all us St. Louis area guys can get together and go shoot pool and drink or something. It'd be cool to get to know you guys in person and hang out sometime!

Comment

Caught Lynch & Malmsteen last night--AWESOME SHOW! Almost had 3 picks but, only went home with 1 because of some JERK that won't really appreciate them anyway... AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Yngwie did a lot much more actual playing (as opposed to unending stage antics) than he did at G3 which I appreciated a lot more. I envy how he makes playing so fast look so effortless. Lynch had passion all over his face as he played. Rudy Sarzo is a great bassist. Towards the end of the show he was doing some fast 2 handed tapping and also was enjoying himself. Dougie White is a powerful singer. The drummer can do steady double bass insanely fast and the keyboardist was very good too. Yngwie did a 25 minute encore. YES!

Played by the Maestro himself:

Now if I could only remember what song he playing when he tossed this one...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

saw lynch in houston last night....He had a charvel with him..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

[ April 15, 2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: jinx ]

Comment

Hey that doesn't look like George!

So we need a picture that doesn't look like Yngwie. Coming up! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That was just one of his assistant holding the tiger up. I also got one of the bones guitar but i didnt think to get the charvel Dimas strat.

Here is me and George:

Comment

You attended with Rush Limbaugh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X