Yngwie and Lynch tonight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie and Lynch tonight!!!

I'm leaving for the show in about 45min. I'm gonna take pics if anybody wants to see them. This should be an awesome show!
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    And no jokes about Yngwie getting fat! Some of us are about the same size ya know! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Yngwie and Lynch tonight!!!

Cool!

I was going to their show in Toronto but the show here was cancelled!!! @$^@$%$#!! Supposedly due to customs issues! F@$%^%&@^

Yngwie used to be so cool when he's not fat... But he is still cool, just a bit less [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Romeo's cool even though he's fat.
    ...Never seen him thin... -_-

Comment

YJM can still play, fat or not ! I saw him with G3 last November and I cheered big time ! Although Vai was much more impressive than YJM or Satch for that matter. I'd go see YJM in a second when he's a round. (no pun intended !) OK, maybe I did mean that ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW! My wife Laurie and I went to the show tonite. Lynch pulled off some crazy stuff that had my jaw on the floor. No kidding here, I saw Petrucci last Friday and George really played more impressively, IMO. Just to put this into perspective, I'm a huge Petrucci fan. Of course, I've been a Lynch disciple since about 1980. He even remembered selling me one of his Genz Benz 4X12 cabs about 5 years ago.

YJM just made me want to quit. He was unbelievable...I got my first Yngwie taste in 1984 when a friend played me some Steeler or Alcatrazz. I turned a bunch of people at Montana State onto him. Truthfully, I think he was better then. He still does all the wierd-ass ballet moves with the Strat, spinning it with the neck as the axis. He's very dramatic....he makes it a point to walk back to the 10, yes 10 Marshall Plexi heads and uses his pick hand to "adjust" the settings, all the while fretting notes and acting like it's no big deal to him. He got ticked a bit at the light guy which was nothing new; "No white lights at all!" I must say, I've not seen anyone have that much command over a guitar before. He fukkin' OWNS it when he plays. All in all, a great show. I recommend Lynch to any of the younger players on the board who haven't heard his playing. He plays with a lot of dynamics and a lot of his wide tonal range comes from his pick attack and his fingers.

If I had to picka favorite tonight, it'd be George. Very modest, but really lets the feeling tear through that Bengal Strat.

P.S. I SWEAR that stratheaded ESP Bengal has an old Charvel neck. I asked George if he still had any of his old Charvels and he kind of winked and said, "I think I have a couple around, but I'm not allowed to play 'em." With that, he kinda chuckled and gave me a look like he was still using them in some capacity. Maybe the ESP S-head does have an old SD neck on it. I couldn't see the body cavity routs....

Comment

Sounds like a cool show. I missed them in Dallas. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

George is awesome, I love that old Sandoval/Charvel/whatever the hell it is beat up Bengal Strat...

Hey Wulfe, did you get any pics?

Comment

Yeah Yngwie is so cool.

I like his performances. The way he jerks at particular points in his music [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . It sounds funny but I think it's really cool. And he likes to kick picks around while playing with just the left hand too. Again, funny but cool!

He actually has songs with very interesting progressions and key changes. Very nicely done too. Though yes, his style didn't evolve much... But that's his choice and there's plenty of Yngwie fans out there.

Comment

Georges bengal strathead IS a Charvel. It's just had a few different logos on it.
                Goerge called it "The Endorse-o-matic" once!

Comment

Hey TM, you were at POP's? Hell I wish I would have known, we coulda hooked up at the show! I waited around for YJM after the show to try and get a pic with him, but by 1am I was tired of waiting and I had to be at work at 8:30am. That didn't happen! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I got to work about 1pm! Verbal warning. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was pissed they wouldn't let me bring my camera in. It was cool show though. I thought Conquest sucked! They were a lot better in the 80's.

Well I am still at work so I'll post again when I get home!

Comment

Chuck,
                    Thanks for confirming...there was little doubt in my mind abou the neck and I suspected that the body may also be. He used that guitar most of the show.
                    On a funny side note- my wife, who was with me, said that George makes weirder faces and has funnier mannerisms than I do. Got a laugh out of that.

Comment

Wulfe, we left in the middle of Yngwie actually. My wife was horny which of course, led to me being horny. Plus, after hearing Yngwie play the same solo for about 10 straight tunes, I was bored. His acoustic solo was very nice though.
                      George signed autographs after his set so that's when I talked to him. One of the Pop's security people snagged my wife snapping pics with her phone so I had to take it out to the car. And we thought we were being sly....yeah right!
                      Maybe we'll hook up next time.

Comment

Thats cool! Where do you live? PM me and maybe we can set something up. I usually only go out on Tuesdays and shoot pool. But who knows.

Comment

Wulfe & Tom,

I was at the show also. It would of been great to hook up and have a few brews. Maybe next time.

Adrian
                          All hail the 'King'
                          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

How was Rudy Sarzo's playing? I talked with him for a little bit a few weeks ago, and he said he was jamming with Yngwie.
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

Pretty damn good when he got a chance to play. (when Yng-yang wasn't wanking off on stage)
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X