Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Van Halen Getting back together?

Originally posted by shreddermon:
    Would I prefer to see the "old" VH and rockin' intesity they previously had? Abso-fuckin'-lutely! But those days seem to be over, so I've gotten over it. Something will still be better than nothing.

As to DLR vs. Hagar & Cherone, those disks weren't as good because Eddie changed. IMHO, it had less to do with who was singing and more to do with what EVH was doing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very well put. I don't know exactly why, but I just feel like I need to see them on this tour. I can't say that I completely disagree with what Bill was saying, but what the hell, it's worth the gamble for me to check it out. The last time I saw Eddie play was in '81 or '82. He was awesome, running around with that shit-eating grin. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] DLR was a complete mess as usual, knee-walkin' drunk, screwing up the lyrics. He used the old "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend" line and got a drink tossed in his face. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'd definitely pay to see that again!

Comment

Re: Is Van Halen Getting back together?

The classic VH lineup has to be the best ever party hard rock / American So Cal. metal act ever to exist in show biz. OK, everybody's 25 years older now. Sammy's a nice guy and talent in his own right. But DLR has the persona that matched Ed's style in the early days. To recreate that would be wonderful to see in this day and age, but would be a bit contrived given that Ed and Dave seem permanently estranged as people, much less musically. Would still love to be entertained by the illusion though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The Sammy reunion is not nearly as exciting or appealing for the above reasons. The majority of people who were 13-20 something years old back in 1979-'85 probably have moved on through the adolescent enjoyment phase of the time and are not waiting for VH tix. Although the state of music could use the remergance of VH style bands, but thats another post! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X