Dear Vinnie Vincent and Jake E Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear Vinnie Vincent and Jake E Lee

Yeah Ray Gillen was so good IMO as good as David Coverdale.Badlands was such a great band.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

...was anyone else fortunate enough to see them live? Fantastic. But then, all the times I saw Jake he never failed to impress.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree Vinnie was smokin' on that 1st Invasion recording. I'd have to say 2 of my favorite 80's shredder tapes I still listen to are Vinnie's 1st and Shotgun Messiah. While we're inviting, Harry Cody can come back too.

Comment

The last things I've heard about either one of them was that Jake was working with Stephen Pearcy on some older Mickey Rat songs as well as some classic Ratt tunes. He's also on just about every tribute cd that comes out. Check out the Jake E. Lee message boards. The news section is updated quite frequently. As for Vinnie Vincent, the last time I saw his name was in the newspaper because his exwife turned call girl was murdered here in Connecticut. I've never seen Vinnie live but I've seen Jake a bunch of times since the BATM tour in '84.

Comment

Originally posted by stratheadcharvel:
            check out vinnie's first invasion record. the vocals are flaming but the guitar work is shred-a-licious!!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The vocals on both of his albums were flaming. Robert Fleishman (the guy who Steve Perry replaced in Journey) was on the first one, Mark Slaughter was on the second one... they both sounded exactly the same! The first album I did enjoy, though, especially the song Back On The Streets. I don't think I've heard the whole second album, except for parts my ex-wife used to play. I don't really care whether Vinnie comes back or not.
            Jake just rules and I really would love to hear new stuff from him! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X