Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Vinnie Vincent and Jake E Lee

Dear Vinnie Vincent and Jake E Lee,
    please come back!! you guys were so awesome! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] good metal is making a comeback and like carly simon says, "nobody does it better!" so break out your chavels and jacksons and come rock the world again!!

Re: Dear Vinnie Vincent and Jake E Lee

Just leave the womens clothes and mascara behind................

Comment

I second that emotion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great to talk to them on the forum?
        And wouldn't it be cool to be taught by either one?They had so many cool licks.I wish I knew a fraction of stuff they played. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
          Just leave the womens clothes and mascara behind................
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">PLEASE!!!

Comment

Jake, I agree!
            Vinnie Vincent, [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree.... bring em BOTH back!!

Comment

Jake was one of the best. It's a crime that he isn't recording. Geez--if Al Pitrelli can find work, Jake should have no problems whatsoever!

Vinnie...uh...well, I don't actually remember anything he played. Sorry.
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

check out vinnie's first invasion record. the vocals are flaming but the guitar work is shred-a-licious!! he played a few rhoads models with emgs then his own 4 pointed v (rare as shit). definitely one of the most underrated shredders. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wouldn't it be great to talk to them on the forum?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sully talks to Vinnie from time to time and we even submitted a Q&A to him but he has yet to respond to it as promised.
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yep. that was a year ago. i talked to him over the summer about working with him on a VVV guitar. he wanted me to get in touch with ed roman about it. he actually was quite a tool, which was different from previous conversations as well. so i don't bother talking to him anymore.

i can tell you though that there was a rumor going around that he was working with gene again (presumably on gene's solo disc.) i asked him about it and he said "i can't comment on that." so, i guess that's a yeah. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i like vinnie's songwriting way better than his soloing, but that's me.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPhase:
                        Jake was one of the best. It's a crime that he isn't recording. Geez--if Al Pitrelli can find work, Jake should have no problems whatsoever!

Vinnie...uh...well, I don't actually remember anything he played. Sorry.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jake did make an appearance on Rob Rock's "Rage Of Creation" cd not too long ago so at least he's still alive. I wish he would come out of hiding though, a new version of Badlands would rule so much.

Oh, and what's with the knock against Al Pitrelli. Al's cool stuff!
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Oh, and what's with the knock against Al Pitrelli. Al's cool stuff!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Al plays well enough. I liked the first Widowmaker album and Dead Winter Dead, anyway. I didn't really mean to rip on him. I guess what I was getting at is that if Al can be in five bands, there should at least one left for Jake...

While we're inviting, Harry Cody can come back too.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh HELL YEAH! He may have been in one of the lamest bands of all time, but Cody deserved more respect. He was way better live than on those albums. One of the guys who made me want to play better.
                          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

There were some rumors Jake was working on a new project .. i'm not sure how true they are ...
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                              I wish he would come out of hiding though, a new version of Badlands would rule so much.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be kinda cool, but half of what made Badlands so awesome was Ray Gillen... Sadly, we'll never be able to get him back.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X