Any Opeth questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Opeth questions?

No questions here, just tell Opeth that they fuckin rock. That'll make me happy enough. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill - I don't have it, but I'll try and find it for sure. I hope Opeth will win me over with the new stuff live.

Comment

Argos ...I guarantee you will LOVE it if your a older Moonspell fan like I am...it is very heavy!!!
        It's is called Daemonarch "Hermiticum" on Century Media records...it is Satanic , Crushing , Raw and awesome!!!

I just posted this opinion on the Cleveland Metal Zone ...but after many many listens ...It's sad to say that I believe Tim Owens is going to drive Iced Earth into the ground ...He fits the band like OJ's shrunken bloody glove...I really miss Matt Barlow ...he was a big part of what Iced Earth was... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:

I've talked it Rodrigo at the Moonspell / COF /Type O show...Man Moonspell fuckin' ruled so much ...I
          The Antidote is a great record ...kinda back to Wolfheart era Moonspell
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You must be refering to Ribeiro, not rodrigo [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          Did you talk to him?he's a great guy, very acessible, but a bit misterious [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          Daemonarch is awesome, I can't believe he wrote those lyrics as a young teenager... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
            Yeah drip ....ask them why are they so awesome... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second this
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Argos ...tell me that you have Daemonarch....that is Rodrigo's other project he did back in '98 ...it is the best Moonspell never written ...if you don't have it ...please get it now!
              [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I've talked it Rodrigo at the Moonspell / COF /Type O show...Man Moonspell fuckin' ruled so much ...I bought a $30 t shirt and had the band sign it ...it's a great shirt ...skulls O plenty ...ya can't go wrong with skulls... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Antidote is a great record ...kinda back to Wolfheart era Moonspell...they were starting to get a bit too techno for a while ...but still tasty ...but I like it more aggressive...

Argos ...you may not care too much for the new "milder" Opeth ...but it goes over awesome live ...those guys were absolutley FLAWLESS when I saw them ...I wish I could say that about most metal bands live ...but Opeth was as close to perfection you can get live ...one of the best live performances I've ever witnessed ...besides Symphony X...and Trouble last year at the BW & BK show [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

there's rumor that Symphony X will be the 3rd band on teh Children of Bodom Iced Earth bill in late spring. that would be great...I feel like I need ot see them.

Comment

well..that was fun. I tol dmichael he was awesome. and got my picture with him...then I jetted...because it was 1 am by that time..and I have a fuckin 8 am class tomorrow..not to mention the 50 mile drive back to campus. gay. Anyway....were you there Argos? I forgot who I was lookin gfor...there was a dude outside with a emperor shirt/hood on. was that you?

Comment

"You must be refering to Ribeiro, not rodrigo
                    Did you talk to him?he's a great guy, very acessible, but a bit misterious
                    Daemonarch is awesome, I can't believe he wrote those lyrics as a young teenager..."

Yeah yer right !!!! That is his name ...I'm such a tard with names sometimes...shit I called him rodrego .... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Well , he was very cool with me ...I sat down with him and BS with him for a while ...I told him my favorite stuff was Daemonarch ...which is his also ...he told me I would love the new album because it has a lot more agressive ...he was very cool and appreciative...he had real heavy accent but I had know problem understanding him ...I talk fast ..I don't know if he understood me .. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He's really into Satan [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't mind, rodrigo is also a portuguese name [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

So, Drip do a show report to us(with all the bands)!

Comment

Well...ok

Devil Driver...are good for a nu-metal band...but that's not saying much. Alot of people liked their boring/easy riffage. I was unimpressed with their music, but they had alot of energy and goo dstage presense...'cept for the guitarist with the mohawk. THey're nothing special...run of hte mill band.

Moonspell was pretty cool, they reminded me of paradise lost in a way. I don't really have many of their CD's...only one to be exact. Their english isn't too good...it was funny listening to him talk to the crowd just because he used such strange grammar. Somebody needs to get that singer a new mic stand...it was all bent out of shape from him pounding it on the stage...it wouldn't even stand up and kept falling over onto the drumset and other such shit. And the big Skull Cane was stupid IMO. But...the music was good....they should get a session keyboardist though...so that guitar player isn't doing double duty all the time..that looked like a pain in the ass. (though..it's something I do myself nowadays...whatever)

Opeth was awesome...flawless..well except when they tried to play Credence cuz some dude wouldnt' shut up about it. That was entertaining though. I got plenty of pictures ...that I still need to upload...I"ll post a few of them here later. really though, Opeth didn't miss a beat, those laney amps look alot better than I expected (first time I've seen them) THey also have a person playing keyboards....he played alot of hte stuff that was played on the albums with an E-bow on the ..organ thingy...and also sang alot of harmonies with Mikael, on The Moor, Windowpane, In my time of Need, and The Draper Falls. It thickened up the sound alot...I liked it.

Opeth is definatly my favorite band, overall. They may not shred and go nuts like some bands...but man...the music is powerful. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That was a pretty kick ass show. I was suprised by Devil Driver, the're pretty brutal and better than I expected.

Moonspell made the show for me. I loved 'em.

This was my third time seeing Opeth and they were awesome once again. They are one of the few bands who nail every song perfectly live, exactly like the albums.

Yeah man, I was there, front and center. I was out front for a bit then I was talking to the Moonspell guys and Opeth later on. I was out front in an Emperor hoodie, combat pants and kneee high boots.

Comment

oh ok...yeah I saw you then. I'll say hello next time.

Comment

I'm seeing them next weekend on Valentine's Day...really looking forward to it! I haven't been to a show since From Autumn to Ashes hammed it up and made me feel like I wasted my money and my evening.

Comment

Here's an album full of pictures. Nothing amazing....but ...still..good enough

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1...eth%20concert/

Comment

Working...
                                X