Any Opeth questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Opeth questions?

I'm going to do my damndest to get a chance to talk with opeth come Monday night...hell or high water. I was wondering if anybody wants me to ask them a specific question. If all goes well..I'll take pictures ...but the Ogden Theater didn't let me have my camera the last time I tried to bring it. So, I guess We'll see what happens.

Re: Any Opeth questions?

Yeah drip ....ask them why are they so awesome... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

At the Ogden? I'll be there too man. Not big on Opeth's newest stuff, although I like the older stuff and I really dig Moonspell. I never have problems meeting the bands there.

If you see me, I'll be the long haired guy in knee high boots, camo pants and the band shirt...Oh, wait.

Comment

haha...that's about the most vague description of any dude I've ever seen at these concerts.

well, I have douchebag glasses on this time around. I can't find my goddamn contacts. oh well. I will not be hard to pick out, I'm blind as a bat so my glasses are extra nerdy style. Think charlie Sheen in Major League.

I think the set list is mostly HEavy stuff. I know they're going to play windowpane..and one other soft song. But they've been playing The Moor and April Ethereal this tour..that is going to kick serious ass.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mind the new stuff, it is just a little too watered down for my tastes, I like it fast and technical. The jazz fusion thing doesn't do it for me.

And yeah, I have the same problem on occasion. Wearing glasses to shows sucks bigtime. The Ogden hasn't given me any problems with cameras lately.

But, anyway, I'll probably be in my Emperor "Rider" hoodie.

Comment

alright..well I'm going to be getting drunk at the bar during devil driver's set. not to interested in mingling with a bunch of Coal Chamber fans down in front. I'll keep an eye out for you. I"m going alone..I think. I usually do. Greeley isn't exactly up on the metal scene. I've seen one kid from here down at shows every once in a while. But strangely enough...we never talk. Whtever...i'm in a drunken ramble now...killian's irish red....I must not have eaten enough today.

Comment

Ask them why they bored me when I saw them open for Nevermore on the DHIADW tour. I don't know, maybe I had never really heard them before and I just wasn't interested in them that night and couldn't get into them. Maybe I'll just have to buy some of their cds and listen to more stuff than I've heard here on the local metal college radio station? [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah..I really don't think Opeth is a good "opener" band. My brother also has a hard time with opeth..but he's makin ga turn around recently. He really likes My Arms, Your Hearse. That's probably a good starting point.

Comment

I say get Still Life.

Comment

Still Life is my favorite one. I'm listening to it right now.

Comment

Oh yeah well...*puts in still life and cranks it up*

Comment

If you see Moonspell around say Hi from a country-mate! They are really good also... I don't know why they put devildriver between those two great bands... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Hm, I don't have any specific question, but you can give Martin Lopez a big thumbs up from me for coming back to play the rest of the shows!

And Still Life is still my fav album ever... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

i wish I would have went to the Vancouver show as Gene Hoglan played 5 tunes with em so that they could play live as the Calgary and edmonton shows were canceled for opeth anyway //Steve

Comment

actually dude, Edmonton was the only show that got completely canceled, their drum tech new alot of their softer songs...so they did a shortened set in calgary with no heavy songs. And In Vancouver Gene Hoglan came out at the end..and played The Drapery Falls and Demon of The Fall with them. must've been cool.

I think Devil Driver and Moonspell are trading spots every other show....so I don't know fo rsure who's playing first.

Comment

Working...
                              X