Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meshuggah

Originally posted by toejam:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
    Spasm is [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] .

Yeah, that song is great. I think the guitars are basically tuned down like 5 string basses to Bb for the rhythm. Pretty fuckin low, and it sounds great! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, most of their stuff was done on the 7-string tuned down a half-step. Wasn't this album done with some of the prototype 8-strings and the lowest string was like F or F#? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They did have a prototype 8 string with the lowest string tuned to mainly to F for most of the material on Nothing. A couple songs where tuned to low E, one was tuned to low Eb, the last song was tuned down to low D, and Spasm is tuned way hell the fuck down to Bb, a half step lower than a five string bass (pretty freakin low for a guitar).

BTW, by low F and etc. I mean an octave lower than the low F, E, and etc. on a guitar tuned to standard or drop-D.

They might not have actually used the prototype 8 string to record nothing. They might have just tuned their 7-strings down to mimic the 8 string. No one really knows. Not even the guys in Meshuggah seem to know. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ok well I bought DEI and nothing today...they are both awesome..but...I'm likeing DEI more right now. It is awesome. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Right on [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . Now hurry the fuck up and get Chaosphere!

Comment

DEI is my fav, but then again I love the Demo stuff I have, That stuff is great!

Comment

I've been listening to Fredrik Thordendals Special Defects-Sol Niger Within version 3.33 a lot for the past couple days. It just rules, even better than any of the stuff Fredrik does in Meshuggah IMO. I know I already said this, but any of you guys who are really into Meshuggah definitely need to check out Fredriks solo disc. It's heavy and chaotic just like Meshuggah, but there's also some jazz-fussion flavors, a lot of soloing, a guest sax player, and some cool vocals.

Comment

Working...
            X