Dumb question about Mike Amott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumb question about Mike Amott

well, when I dominate the entire world it won't matter...cuz everyone will be consdiered dripids.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
      Amott's are both sweden. you go ahead and be a turkish canadian. It's all good. I'm american. Carcass is a swedish death/grind metal band. As far as I know..they're all swedish too..though I can't back that up...you might be able to prove me wrong. But everyone I've heard talk about them has called them swedish. I might recall one of the Amott's parents being British...but I don't think both of them were. Why don't we e-mail them and ask? I' think their e-mail address is on their homepage.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ammot was only on 2 Carcass albums and 1 Carcass ep [tools of the trade] , and Bill Steer was the main songwriter , Bill Steer [Guitars] and Jeff Walker [Bass /Vocals] and Ken Owen [Drumms] are all from England , Bermingham [sorry for the bad spelling] I think , and still reside there , Bill plays in a blues group now called Firebird with his brother I think on drums . I am not a big Carcass fan or anything hey [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , also Mike Ammot was in Sweden when he got the Job with Carcass as the 2nd guitarist and on Heartwork he wrote 50 % of the music or something as they sound kinda like early arch enemy riffs lol . Heartwork is a "desert island" album forsure ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Mike Amott said they're a Swedish band because thats where they lived and thats where the band was originated.. but him and Chris are actually English. I'll try to find the interview tomorrow, right now i'm too fuckin drunk... I think its on the FAQ/messages area of their site, or check the ultimate metal message board, could be on there. I'm passin out right now [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: off the arch enemy site-

"Yeah, me and Chris are British citizens - that's true. But we were both born (and raised for the most part) here in Sweden. So, as we live here and play our music here (plus the fact that our drummer and bassplayer are Swedish)…I guess that makes us at least a Sweden-based band? I hope that answers your Q."

Comment

oops.. the drip already posted that haha my bad..

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            In this case it seems the Arnotts sort of "feel" Swedish. Whether Swedes consider them Swedish might be another question.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey lexr,

For the longest time I read his last name Arnott, like Jason Arnott the hockey player. Turns out it's AMOTT, not ARNOTT.

I guess I wasn't alone ahahaha

It's all clear now guys. Pops a pommy, mom's a swede and they wuz brought up in Sweden.

Now, "Sharlee D'angelo" is that another Swede? [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops! My goof, but I'm glad I made you feel better by not being the only one to read it wrong!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My go!
                Yeah Mike and Chris are both English citizens, but they're Swedish through and through, listen to them speak! I dont care if they were born and raised in Sweden, the English accent would hold its place dangnammit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Yeah Jeff Walker, Ken Owen and Bill Steer (who coincedentally penned the cover the Napalm Death's first album Scum, which Bill Steer played on the second side), are English, but I was pretty sure that they were from Liverpool. I think this is one of those things, like the whole "Napalm Death, from Ipswich or Birmingham?"

Laters

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                  My go!
                  Yeah Mike and Chris are both English citizens, but they're Swedish through and through, listen to them speak! I dont care if they were born and raised in Sweden, the English accent would hold its place dangnammit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Yeah Jeff Walker, Ken Owen and Bill Steer (who coincedentally penned the cover the Napalm Death's first album Scum, which Bill Steer played on the second side), are English, but I was pretty sure that they were from Liverpool. I think this is one of those things, like the whole "Napalm Death, from Ipswich or Birmingham?"

Laters

Jamesy
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah that was it liverpool sorry //Steve

Comment

No worries mate, I just wanted to contribute to a thread I finally knew something about lol.

Jamesy

Comment

None of this discussion on nationality should deter from the fact that Carcass' music kicks the crap out of Arch Enemy's music and AE were shit when I saw them live a few weeks back < runs >.

AND WHILE I REMEMBER - James, are you going to give me that Model 6 or what? lol!

Comment

Did you guys ever hear Mike's Spiritual Beggars stuff ...and Bill Steer's Firebird ...stuff

Very 70's retro hard rock ...but done very very good!

I got to drink with Mike a few years back when he played with Nevermore....He didn't say too much ...he just watched me and laughed all night ...I made him shoot beer out of his nose ...and I didn't know I said anything that funny ...he's a pretty quiet but funny dude....a very nice guy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I love his bro Chris's Armageddon stuff ...it is very , very KILLER!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Elrrek... Ah, sweet persistent Elrrek. You know this horse you're flogging is no longer with us... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Sell it to you? Never!!!!!
                          (Its a 650 Custom anyway [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                            Elrrek... Ah, sweet persistent Elrrek. You know this horse you're flogging is no longer with us... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Sell it to you? Never!!!!!
                            (Its a 650 Custom anyway [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Jamesy
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GAAAHHHHHH!

I shall content myself with my JJ2 and my JDR-94 (£120 2nd hand - woo-hoo!) until I can afford a Select Series Soloist then.

Freaking pawn-shop mega scores - pisses me right off!

Comment

Lol. It wasnt actually a pawnshop find. It was from a guy who used it as his back up axe in a band. Then he left and no longer needed it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              Thats where I came in [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You want to do what I did - build one.
                              My current project, which is taking an age to put together (do you know how hard it is to find chrome pickup rings at a decent price in England?!?!?!). Its a TOM dinky with bound 22fret unfinished neck, with EMG 81 and 81, which is all NOS apart from the EMGs which are almost new, and at the moment its standing me at around £280. But it needs chrome pickups rings and knobs, but I cant see it topping £300. Not bad to say the Jackson Indian imports start at £339.99 over here with comparably shitty-ass hardware (albeit with decent woods) and no binding.
                              Another score methinks?... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Working...
                              X