Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question about Mike Amott

Is he Swedish?

I always assumed he was British from the name, and from the fact that I first heard of him back when he was in Carcass.

Re: Dumb question about Mike Amott

you never heard of Carnage (from sweden) featuring members of Dismember and Michael Amott. sweden is just a couple hours ferry ride from England i beleive.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

He was born in Sweden, but he was brought up in England
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yep he's a swed , he lives in Halmstad . sorry if I spelled that wrong I am from Canada [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
          you never heard of Carnage (from sweden) featuring members of Dismember and Michael Amott. sweden is just a couple hours ferry ride from England i beleive.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">not sure how that's relevant but hey.. england, denmark.. same difference.

Comment

I always assumed the members of Carcass were all English too, I didn't realize Mike was from Sweden until I found out he was now in Arch Enemy, and I did some reading on them.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Mike and Chris Amott are English but they were born in Sweden and also grew up there from what I remember, from an interview.

Comment

I don't know about you folks..but I consider people swedish when they're born adn raised in sweden. What makes them English? They ahve a home there? that doesn't make you english. You have to be born in England to be english. And apply for citizenship if you weren't, and want to be. Why you'd want to do that...I don't know.

Comment

Maybe their parents were English?
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                    I don't know about you folks..but I consider people swedish when they're born adn raised in sweden. What makes them English? They ahve a home there? that doesn't make you english. You have to be born in England to be english. And apply for citizenship if you weren't, and want to be. Why you'd want to do that...I don't know.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">umm.. I was born in Canada and grew up there for a while.. I'm Turkish, not Canadian. You go by blood, not by where you're born or whatever.

Comment

Amott's are both sweden. you go ahead and be a turkish canadian. It's all good. I'm american. Carcass is a swedish death/grind metal band. As far as I know..they're all swedish too..though I can't back that up...you might be able to prove me wrong. But everyone I've heard talk about them has called them swedish. I might recall one of the Amott's parents being British...but I don't think both of them were. Why don't we e-mail them and ask? I' think their e-mail address is on their homepage.

Comment

Angela Gossow is from Germany...

Comment

If they said in an interview that they were English, then I'd go by what they said. Many American citizens that are children of military families have been born outside of the USA and raised on military bases around the world, but are still citizens of the USA.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I haven not found this interview. Their website says they're both swedish. They both live there...everything about them says swedish. I did find out that one member from Carcass is English though... Jeff Walke...makes sense. Taht's a very english type name.

EEGAD! I was parousing their mailbag on their website...and I found this question...alas...everyone's a little right!

"Hi Michael & Arch Enemy,

First of all, you guys rock, I love what I have heard from you guys. Anyway, my question is basically; why are Arch Enemy a Swedish band? This may seem a strange question, and maybe it has been asked before, but I'm ust wondering since the guitar team is English. Did you feel that the style that AE would play would benefit from being associated with the Swedish scene, or are the musicians just better in Sweden? I think that is phrased ok, hope you guys & doll stop off in Ireland on tour. \m/

Brian (Ireland)

Hi Brian,
                            Yeah, me and Chris are British citizens - that's true. But we were both born (and raised for the most part) here in Sweden. So, as we live here and play our music here (plus the fact that our drummer and bassplayer are Swedish)…I guess that makes us at least a Sweden-based band? I hope that answers your Q.
                            …And by the way - METAL HAS NO BOUNDARIES. METAL IS UNIVERSAL.(And that includes Ireland, ha-ha! We'd love to play for you guys!).

Michael "

Comment

So they're a Sweden-based band composed of 40% Swedes, 40% expat Brits, and 20% German (Angela).

Do you think any of the Brits who were born and raised in India during colonial times considered themselves to be Indian,
                              or British? In this case it seems the Arnotts sort of "feel" Swedish. Whether Swedes consider them Swedish might be another question.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X