Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An update from Dave Mustaine

Originally posted by Mordor:
    Mh,you know what I think?That all this story about his hand was just a strategy to switch to ESP.Maybe just like the stolen (?) guitars of Alexi Laiho.I really Dave,but imo there is something wrong about his hand and selling all his old guitars...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it does seem strange, doesn't it? he hurt his hand, so he sold all his guitars and said his career was over. not long after this, he signs a deal with ESP? Ok, so he went from one nice guitar to another, but it would be interesting to know the real reason for the switch...
    I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry never saw him with Kerry
      www.kiddhavok.com
      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by 86barettaguy:
        but it would be interesting to know the real reason for the switch...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At NAMM, I overheard Dave say to a dude in front of me:

"...well, after Fender bought them, Jackson dropped my yearly allocation from 11 guitars to one...."
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

mh,it could be the real reason...
          well,11 guitars every year [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Just a quick bump for this thread, as there is now a brief song clip on the Megadeth site. The riff sounds like classic Mustaine, but I thought the drumming sounded different (better?) than anything I've heard from them since Youthanasia or earlier.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey,that clip is really good.If all the new album sounds like it I think we can expect a great album!Almost as Countdown maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 86barettaguy:
                but it would be interesting to know the real reason for the switch...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At NAMM, I overheard Dave say to a dude in front of me:

"...well, after Fender bought them, Jackson dropped my yearly allocation from 11 guitars to one...."
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds odd...how about the "motherload" of Y2KV's that he just auctioned off? Most of those were 2003's or late 2002's...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                  Hey,that clip is really good.If all the new album sounds like it I think we can expect a great album!Almost as Countdown maybe?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I liked the clip but who knows...he could have had that in the "can" for years. I believe he stated that there was a lot of Megadeth stuff that hadn't been released. Either way, nice to hear. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Right on Dave! Rockin For Jesus!

Comment

sounds cool, can't wait for the album [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

has a kind of 'five magics' feel over it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Shaddup [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The latest from Dave:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=19177
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X