An update from Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update from Dave Mustaine

Well, it's been a while since Dave Mustaine has directly addressed those of us who call ourselves Droogies........here's the link. All good news if you ask me. Dave Mustaine gives an update
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Re: An update from Dave Mustaine

That's some really cool news [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

neato.

Comment

I interviewed Chris Poland for another site just before xmas and he said he would record with Mustaine if asked but touring would be out of the question. I'll have the transciption up in a few weeks.

Comment

I believe that is the plan anyways. Dave has been quoted as saying that he does not want to tour. He wants to do all the things that he's neglected to do over the course of his career. I respect that......he's one of my biggest influences and is a hero if you ask me.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Poland kills on guitar.
            Strange that Ellefson dissed him.
            Must be a lil bad blood there, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
              Poland kills on guitar.
              Strange that Ellefson dissed him.
              Must be a lil bad blood there, eh?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You gotta think that about Jr.... But Marty recently spoke like there was something on the horizon in the future... I think the only really good news here is Poland on the record. I heard the drummer is good (in a Max Weinberg sort of way) - I wonder if this is supposed to be a really laid back record tempo wise ? The bass player from what I have seen has made his rounds in the Christian music circuit. That and the Pillar thing -the Linkin Park of Christian music-....I just don't know what to make of this. Something tells me to not worry until the album comes out. We could either be blown away or just plain blown. <--- note: since I am a Christian I have no problem with the religion thing like alot of people are giving him shit for....just looking at the new musicians and his wanting to record with the Christian Linkin Park -whom he thinks makes great music [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] - and some other things he is saying that makes me wonder exactly what kind of "megadeth" were gonna get here. There, I'm done now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think maybe I should track down some of Vinnys music to see for myself before I get too worried about it.....

Comment

Too bad the RIP lineup couldn't come together, but here's looking forward to whatever Dave & Co. come up with! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wouldn't worry, if Dave says it's really heavy, then it's at least as heavy as TWNAH. I can't wait to find out. Wonder what the release date and title would be. Playing in a metal cover band, I'd love to jump on something off the disk within days of it's release.

Comment

so..pillar is teh linkin park of christian music? oh god....I just had a barf burp [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I"m imagining all their self indulged "oh whoa is me" lyrics with the added tagline on teh en dof them, "but I know jesus loves me." [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                        on teh en dof them
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">huh? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn, that sucks. Megadeth just isn't Megadeth without Friedman to me. Poland is great and all, but when it comes down to it, no one blasts through a Diminshed Arp. like Friedman. Long live the RIP lineup!!!

Comment

ah, see, that's what separates young fellas from us old farts. I remember when Chris Poland was in Megadeth, although I didn't really get into the band until Jeff Young was lead guitarist. So Marty=Megadeth doesn't hold true for me. To me, he was just one of several guitarists to pass through the band.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I think Mr Poland is every bit as good in his own style as Marty is to his own...

Comment

Working...
                              X