• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk talks about Rolling Stone Guitar List

Check this out he really speaks his mind. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.sleazegrinder.com/jeffzakkwylde.htm

Re: Zakk talks about Rolling Stone Guitar List

I'm still pissed off at this list and Zakk explains it well, I mean how or why could they leave so many legends off this list ? It's almost as if they did it to piss all of us off, they had to know what they were doing. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty cool. Zakk is definitely a character.

"You see, they gone and done pissed off Zakk Wylde." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
        "You see, they gone and done pissed off Zakk Wylde." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't they just? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Arrrgh. I may be a little biased, but all of the few Zakk rants and interviews I've read so far ALWAYS have him saying stuff along the lines of "I have to play Randy's sh*t" and "[some artist he's bashing] can't play Randy's sh*t" as if we're supposed to worship him like he's Randy reincarnated. No, no thanks. There's Randy, and there's Zakk. Both skilled, but different dudes. *nods*

Comment

The writer misspelled Hendrix's first name [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hahaha, he spelled it correctly in the freaking paragraph above... must have done copy-and-paste thing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I did my own list ... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I hope those fuckheads at Rolling stoned read this. Zakk said it very well as usual. Joan Jett was hot but I don’t think I ever saw here play anything but sliding one bar chord up and down the neck.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I always thought Joan Jett was a pretty solid rhythm guitarist. But one of the top hundred players of all time? Not a chance.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, as much as I generally respect Zakk, but dont necessarily agree with what he says...hes definitely got a point.

Rolling stones list looked like it was a confiused list of half assed idol worship, and kiss ass for the new breed of "guitar players" There really isnt anything that hasnt been done since people worshipped vai and yngwie, satch, VH, and so forth...What about Richie Blackmore and Michael Schenker!?!?!?!? I mean, this is like so slapdashed together its fucking idiotic. What criteria can you even judge a guitarists greatness by? But really, those guys started the flame, if they can smoke anyone on that list, so can fire breathing guitar monsters like Joe Stump, Macalpine, Becker, Friedman, Gilbert...I dont know...but its a rag that non-musicians have to read so they probably didnt have a criterion, they were just trying to appeal to art students or something.

Also, I think those "I have to play randy's shit every night" comments, Im pretty sure are out of respect to Randy, meaning like...I had to learn these because thats what the audience expects to here in reverence...I mean I cant imagine a BLS solo in believer or anything like that.

Comment

It's plainly obvious that he has a fierce respect for Randy, but the impression I get from his bragging self is that he is one pompous ass who thinks he's the only one good enough to pay homage to Randy and that he truly deserves it. I honestly would not like to meet this man in person. Our personalities would clash. I prefer my musicians to be humble and grounded, not pompous and big-headed, but that's just my opinion of an ideal musician's personality since I am like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                          I prefer my musicians to be humble and grounded, not pompous and big-headed, but that's just my opinion of an ideal musician's personality since I am like that.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Few & far between, my friend! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

or

You have a LOOOOONG quest in front of you, my friend! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hahaha, fortunately my music is only a hobby and I don't have plans to play gigs or sell albums, so I wouldn't have to deal with the 99.9% of musicians out there who are pompous.

Comment

Never say Never!

Comment

Working...
                              X