• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Maiden

never mind I just found it on the net.

Comment

Guys, I just went nuts with my credit card again and splurged on more CDs today. This time, I bought "Live After Death" and "Live At Donington". I'm currently listening to "Live After Death" and it is INCREDIBLE so far... much better quality recording and mixing than on "Rock In Rio", and you can hear everybody equally well. Guitar tone is a little on the buzzy side, but still alright. Can't wait to get the video.

Comment

To Tame a Land is simply an "off the wall" piece with excellent guitar and bass work performing those melodic fills. Both Dave and Adrian rip shit up on the solos. I have a live version of this song, and each time I play it, it just amazes me how all the band members play in synch with each other, and the song is played faster than it is recorded on the album.

Infinite Dreams is another "wow, i wish i wrote that" kind of tune.

Comment

Hey Plazmawine, would love to hear that live version of To Tame a Land. One of my all time Maiden tunes.

Comment

Lotsa Thread Resurrections today! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Alright, it's official. "Somewhere In Time" is the Maiden CD I keep finding myself continually listening to, followed by "Seventh Son". But today, I put "Rainmaker" from the "Dance Of Death" CD on repeat, and that has to be in the top 10 Maiden songs I love to listen to. For some odd reason, I love mid-tempo expressive "rock" Maiden lately, which may explain the "Somewhere In Time" fascination since there's a lot of expressive stuff on there, especially from Adrian. But when I jam, I have a totally different favorites list which is mostly the classic Maiden stuff, fast and galloping and anthemic. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X