Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dimbag\'s New Band

Originally posted by Lev:
    I disagree man.. I've been a huge pantera fan since Far Beyond Driven.. I just got the three songs and while I do think they're pretty decent, they're nothing special, and they're definetely not better than 80% of pantera.. Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, and Far Beyond Driven would be incredibly hard to top and I just don't hear Damage Plan achieving that, based on these 3 songs. TGSTK had its moments too, but I'll admit Reinventing the Steel was a dissapointment. After some good production these songs will sound a lot better, cuz they're still in the demo stage, but I'll wait for the album to come out before I judge 'em.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree about Reinventing the Steel, total disappointment. Weak songwriting over most of the album and very weak production compared to the earlier albums. I couldn't believe they released such a thin-sounding album right after TGSTK, their best IMO.

Comment

I'm not completely certain, but I think this might be the dude. http://aries.web-hosting.com/~bobzilla/bobzilla/

Dunno. Looks about right. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
        I disagree man.. I've been a huge pantera fan since Far Beyond Driven.. I just got the three songs and while I do think they're pretty decent, they're nothing special, and they're definetely not better than 80% of pantera.. Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, and Far Beyond Driven would be incredibly hard to top and I just don't hear Damage Plan achieving that, based on these 3 songs. TGSTK had its moments too, but I'll admit Reinventing the Steel was a dissapointment. After some good production these songs will sound a lot better, cuz they're still in the demo stage, but I'll wait for the album to come out before I judge 'em.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As long as Damageplan don't write another 'Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills' I'm sure I'll like this album more than I like Pantera nowadays....this stuff has a thrashier edge to it, a little less of the blues too...all around it's a bit more metal and I'm likin' it!

Comment

Working...
        X