Dimbag's New Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimbag's New Band

I'm having a total brain fart... can't remember the name of his new band(two words) with his brother Vinnie on drums and one of Halford's guitarists(Pat or Mike, can't remember which) on vocals/guitar. Seems like I remember hearing the new CD would be out in December.

What does anyone know? I'm ready to crank up the ol' WinMX and start trolling for tunes.

Re: Dimbag\'s New Band

hey Greg.. the bands called Damageplan.. I think they have a few songs going around for download but I haven't gotten around to getting them. I've heard that they're kind of a dissapointment though.

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until I actually hear them. I read so many supposed Pantera fans talking trash about pre-Cowboys music. I actually think Power Metal and I Am the Night are some of the best CD's ever from the 80's. If the dude from Halford comes in and brings a little more structure to the song writing, I'm all for it. The last couple Pantera CD's didn't do that much for me. Being super heavy doesn't necessarily equate to "good".

Just found this:

http://www.damageplan.com/

Looks like the official release date has been pushed back to February 10th.

[ November 16, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

i like the sound of that clip they have when you pull that page up. sounds like it might be a clean and dirty mixed. backed off the gain a little too wish there was more of it though.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Here's some tunes from the new CD:

http://www.krazyklan.com/damageplan/

The first one is hosed up(only 3 seconds long) but the 2nd two are long.

Sounds pretty good.

Comment

thanks man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] that new found power track sounds familiar for some reason.

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
            Here's some tunes from the new CD:

http://www.krazyklan.com/damageplan/

The first one is hosed up(only 3 seconds long) but the 2nd two are long.

Sounds pretty good.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I thought they were supposed to be called New Found Power, but now I see they have a song with that title. Weird.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Great!Today I've seen the Vulgar Video! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Does Dimebag used a Jackson Star in one of the concert of that video?

Comment

so what happened to new found power? did not find any power?

Comment

its the same exact same band, New Found Power was just a temporary name from what I've heard.

Comment

It's Pat Lachman. He was at the Arlington guitar show a few weeks back. Nice guy. Probably would have walked off with half the Jacksons in the place, but as he put it "I'm still waiting for that major label advance to come in the mail."

Does anyone have any clue who's playing bass? I asked him and he didn't mention any names, just that the dude they were jamming with that night would probably be the permanent guy. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Heard those three tunes a little while ago, pretty damn kickass if you ask me! A lot of my buddies who are still die-hard Pantera fans hate this band because 'it doesn't sound enough like Pantera'....stupid morons, these three songs are better than like 80% of the stuff Pantera ever released, and now that Phil is out of the picture I don't see this band going to crap anytime soon...

Comment

I disagree man.. I've been a huge pantera fan since Far Beyond Driven.. I just got the three songs and while I do think they're pretty decent, they're nothing special, and they're definetely not better than 80% of pantera.. Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, and Far Beyond Driven would be incredibly hard to top and I just don't hear Damage Plan achieving that, based on these 3 songs. TGSTK had its moments too, but I'll admit Reinventing the Steel was a dissapointment. After some good production these songs will sound a lot better, cuz they're still in the demo stage, but I'll wait for the album to come out before I judge 'em.

Comment

Ummm... has anyone else noticed that the verse melody in Reborn is almost the exact same as Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom"? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:

Does anyone have any clue who's playing bass? I asked him and he didn't mention any names, just that the dude they were jamming with that night would probably be the permanent guy. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's someone they refer to as "Bobzilla" who has been a bass player around the Arlington/Dallas scene for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X